Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

111hp/115ft lbs...should I be disappointed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:59 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

That's a pretty nice pull. I'd be happy with that. If you were still curious, you could check your cylinder pressure and to see how balanced they are. If they differ more than 10%, that might be something to look into.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:30 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Cool, thanks Doc. Just wondering since it seems to cause alot of "controversy" for some.

I'd ride it and be perfectly happy if it were me.
....I bet "BOB" could get better numbers out of it.....

Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Most of the viewers of your thread wouldn't know if your dyno results are good or bad for the build. And an expert wouldn't be able to say much about the quality of the tune without seeeing the fuel and timing tables that are in the ECM.

Scott, at Hillside, should know what those tables should be for your build. Send them to him and see what he says.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:58 PM
2nd Mike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be more than happy to take it for a spin.........a LONG one

Since your on the "bleeding edge",I'd enjoy what I have and pay attention to any new info that comes along in the next year.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:48 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Too much is put into the dyno thing.As long as the bike does what you want the numbers mean nothing.In all my years the boys bragging the most about the numbers were always the boys I wanted to run.Have fun

Old 01-26-2010, 06:59 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO the numbers look about right on for a TBW bike. My 107 is not far under your hp rating and only a bit over your tq. potatoe patatoe

Old 01-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Are you saying that the dealership said that the build was too much for the SEST? I sure hope not.

Just for clarification, were they referring to the VE tables being maxed?
Yes, I believe that is what the dealer's tech was telling me. In order to get the afr where you see it, he was maxing the VE tables with the timing set where it was. To get more power it was going to take more timing. But more timing would result in the VE tables being above their maximum which would only bring the performance down.

As he described it to me after coming back from HD ST training 2 weeks ago, there are alot of changes that the software engineers made to the many (hidden) tables that are not accessible to the owner or the tech. His view was that for this build the ST was at its maximum tuning capability while still maintain the afr you see in the original dyno.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by hog-doc
Just what do you think these "significant changes Harley made to the Super Tuner" are? And why do you think THEY are to blame for "LOW" performance numbers?
Just sharing with you what the techs from this dealer learned after going to the Harley SuperTuner school 2 weeks ago. I'm familiar with the Race Tuner as I have it on my other bike. The SuperTuner is clearly different as its made by a different company. But the 2010 version of the ST software is even different from the 2009 version as described by the tech.

As he shared with me, there are limits in the 2010 SuperTuner that will not allow him to improve the performance of my engine further. Maybe he's "full of it" but I tend to believe him. If someone can post a 2010 110 motor with significantly better performance using the SuperTuner, I'll have an entirely different view of his comments.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Heatwave

Originally Posted by 2nd Mike
I'd be more than happy to take it for a spin.........a LONG one

Since your on the "bleeding edge",I'd enjoy what I have and pay attention to any new info that comes along in the next year.
Your recommendation is exactly what I was thinking. If there's an issue with the ST on 2010's, someone is sure to figure a work around. If there's no issue, I'm just going to enjoy the ride for all its worth.

Old 01-26-2010, 08:01 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
Yes, I believe that is what the dealer's tech was telling me. In order to get the afr where you see it, he was maxing the VE tables with the timing set where it was. To get more power it was going to take more timing. But more timing would result in the VE tables being above their maximum which would only bring the performance down.

As he described it to me after coming back from HD ST training 2 weeks ago, there are alot of changes that the software engineers made to the many (hidden) tables that are not accessible to the owner or the tech. His view was that for this build the ST was at its maximum tuning capability while still maintain the afr you see in the original dyno.
Heatwave,

Thanks for the feedback. The tuners should be able to change the CID in the Tuning Constants to a larger number to allow more manipulation of the VE tables. A trick that is well known with the SERT and TTS. I'm no tuner by any stretch, but I just checked my SEST Software and this seems like a viable option.

I doubt that you'd gain anything from this as stated, but just an FYI, that SEST is more than enough to handle your build, so rest easy and enjoy the heck out of your build.

Quick Reply: 111hp/115ft lbs...should I be disappointed?