Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

111hp/115ft lbs...should I be disappointed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by producer
The tuning software has nothing to do with it. Someone is blowing smoke up your ***. I'm not trying to be rude but, don't waste anymore of your hard earned money on this and that chasing power until you check your cylinder pressure. Like I said earlier; if their is a noticable difference between the front and rear cylinder pressures, you may have either a ring sealing problem or a valve seal problem.
That guy that posted the 106 square with the 103" shouldn't even be in your league and he is. You should be at least at 120 on both sides, without having to go to the best tuner in the continental US.
I'm afraid to say you need to do some homework as you clearly are not familiar with the latest version of the SEPST and the changes that HD made to the 2010 version of the software. The tuning software has everything to do with the performance that an EFI engine delivers. I've been using the SERT since 2003 and the latest version of the ProSuperTuner is a definite departure from the norm.

Before being so sure about your views on tuning software I encourage you to speak to experts such as Joe at Joe's Cycle Repair http://www.joescyclerepair.com/ or Andrew at Rosas Cycle Shop. http://www.rosascycle.com/ They will also share their very knowledgeable views on the tuning limitations of the 2010 SEPST.

You sound like you're familiar with the mechanical components of a bike engine but seem to have little insight when it comes to tuning efi engines with the latest software. My engine was fully tested in terms of cylinder pressure and a leak down test and while I don't have the test results, the dealer concluded the engine was right to spec.

It's also worth noting that the dealer techs that assembled the engine went back to HD tuning school to get brushed up on the latest 2010 software given all the changes before tuning my bike back in jan. Their conclusion was that the software is "maxed" out in tuning my engine to get a balance of the best performance and a smooth running engine at low rpms/speed. That's why it would be of significant value if others have been able to tune a 2010 engine using HD's software and were able to get dyno results greater than mine while also having a smooth running bike.

Last edited by Heatwave; 03-25-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:56 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 113 does benifit because it can take a bigger gulp creating more velocity. Think of it this way; when you suck water through a straw, it's almost effortless. If you do the same thing with a straw that is 1" in diameter it takes more work. It's next to impossible. That wasn't a gay joke either for all you homo's

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Producer, I get your point , however I believe that a 113 should easily benefit from the 58 and the slower velocity, if present , is much much less negative in a fuel injected application . When using the 58 I got many guys saying that it would be horrible and run bad on my 103 FLHX and it runs pretty dang good. I tend to ride at a much higher rpm than most HD riders as my style is that way and that probably helps .

Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Heatwave

You know, I should have read all of this. You may have a point, but I have to ask something else. Is this an SE110 that you modified? If it is, then there lies part of the problem in performance.
Yes it is a 2010 SE Ultra which of course comes stock with a 110. Many of the dyno's on the Woods site are for SE110's but they are almost all from before 2009 and tuned with the earlier version of the software.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:01 PM
producer
Road Master

I am unfamiliar with it. I will let someone else handle the tuning issue. By the way did you do any research before you bought that software? I do know one thing about SE tunig software. Your version was not made by TTS. Mine was. Go to TTS if you think that's the problem. They know what they are doing. HD software is circling the drain. I'm out of words now.

Originally Posted by Heatwave
I'm afraid to say you need to do some homework as you clearly are not familiar with the latest version of the SEPST and the changes that HD made to the 2010 version of the software. The tuning software has everything to do with the performance that an EFI engine delivers. I've been using the SERT since 2003 and the latest version of the ProSuperTuner is a definite departure from the norm.

Before being so sure about your views on tuning software I encourage you to speak to experts such as Joe at Joe's Cycle Repair http://www.joescyclerepair.com/ or Andrew at Rosas Cycle Shop. http://www.rosascycle.com/ They will also share their very knowledgeable views on the tuning limitations of the 2010 SEPST.

You sound like you're familiar with the mechanical components of a bike engine but seem to have little insight when it comes to tuning efi engines with the latest software. My engine was fully tested in terms of cylinder pressure and a leak down test and while I don't have the test results, the dealer concluded the engine was right to spec.

It's also worth noting that the dealer techs that assembled the engine went back to HD tuning school to get brushed up on the latest 2010 software given all the changes before tuning my bike back in jan. Their conclusion was that the software is "maxed" out in tuning my engine to get a balance of the best performance and a smooth running engine at low rpms/speed. That's why it would be of significant value if others have been able to tune a 2010 engine using HD's software and were able to get dyno results greater than mine while also have a smooth running bike.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 PM
producer
Road Master

Ok then, maybe HD went cheap again on their CVO operations when it comes to pistons and good rings; and maybe even heads.
Yes it is a 2010 SE Ultra which of course comes stock with a 110. Many of the dyno's on the Woods site are for SE110's but they are almost all from before 2009 and tuned with the earlier version of the software.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Heatwave

I am unfamiliar with it. I will let someone else handle the tuning issue. By the way did you do any research before you bought that software? I do know one thing about SE tunig software. Your version was not made by TTS. Mine was. Go to TTS if you think that's the problem. They know what they are doing. HD software is circling the drain. I'm out of words now.
I think TTS may very well have been a better choice BUT here's the deal. The dealership wouldn't have warrantied the work they did unless I was using HD's software. The proverbial rock and a hard place. They committed they would send their techs to school which they did in Jan and I essentially hoped for the best.

They did a great job assembling the top end of the engine and the bike rides great, incredibly powerful and yet very smooth, in fact better than anything I was expecting. I believe the bike is already generating better performance based on several Smarttune updates I've already made to the map. Once I have another dyno run with the new map I hope to confirm my seat-o-pants meter.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 PM
producer
Road Master

I understand. You can only do what you can do. I've been their.

I think TTS may very well have been a better choice BUT here's the deal. The dealership wouldn't have warrantied the work they did unless I was using HD's software. The proverbial rock and a hard place. They committed they would send their techs to school which they did in Jan and I essentially hoped for the best.

They did a great job assembling the top end of the engine and the bike rides great, incredibly powerful and yet very smooth, in fact better than anything I was expecting. I believe the bike is already generating better performance based on several Smarttune updates I've already made to the map. Once I have another dyno run with the new map I hope to confirm my seat-o-pants meter.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 PM
producer
Road Master

Gotta go for now. work early AM. I'll check the forum tomorrow AM

Old 03-27-2010, 12:39 PM
vztch13
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to say harleys 110 motor is a joke...... its unmatched from the cams to the to large of valvces used in the heads....i spent hours with andrew at rosas...my 103 that rosa did is putting out 125 hp and 134 ft lbs tq. you would have been better off buying a std bike and customizing it yourself and having a real motor built.......

Old 06-14-2011, 09:55 AM
MATTYB185
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your bike looks awesome! Your numbers are off the charts! Be happy my friend and ride!

Quick Reply: 111hp/115ft lbs...should I be disappointed?