Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer rankings - what is your's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:03 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Dealer rankings - what is your's?

Just got an email from the HD dealer in Joplin, MO. They ranked #26 out of 660 dealers nationwide. Couldn't find any information on how other dealerships in the area did. If anybody else knows how their dealer ranked, it would be interesting see I think. I guess the MOCO doesn't publish the rankings.......probably wouldn't let anybody know if my dealership was in the bottom 50%.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:07 PM
vtxkc
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is their ranking based on Sales, Service or a combination of the two?

Old 01-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Omahaaviator
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thought, I will ask my dealer what they ranked in at.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:43 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Big Saint Charles Harley Davidson ranks pretty good in my book, I don't have a clue where they rank officially. They have not been an HD dealer for a really long time. (Less than a couple years I think) And the dealer they bought out,,,, well he didn't rank very highly in anyones book from everything I have seen. (Many owners around us would drive 30 miles to buy an oil filter rather than buy it there... he created many hard feelings and I think BSCHD is trying really hard to get rid of that "Stigma" LOL

Old 01-24-2010, 09:50 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is probably the Bar and Shields rankings. Gotta say, while I admire the MoCo for working their dealers to do better there are a variety of criteria that may have less to do with how happy you are as a customer and more to do with profitability and sales. Regardless it's good to have. New bike buyers get a survey to fill out and the score on that is part of the ranking.

There's a website I came across once that actually posts the bar and shields rankings (at lesat those that get Gold, Silver and Bronze). I'll see if I can find it again.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:13 PM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mike5511
Just got an email from the HD dealer in Joplin, MO. They ranked #26 out of 660 dealers nationwide. Couldn't find any information on how other dealerships in the area did. If anybody else knows how their dealer ranked, it would be interesting see I think. I guess the MOCO doesn't publish the rankings.......probably wouldn't let anybody know if my dealership was in the bottom 50%.
A great way to find out is to check out your dealerships web site. If they ranked one , two, or three in any catagory then they will definatly use that as an advertising point somewhere on their web site.
My dealership #1 in customer satisfaction
Northwest Harley Davidson, Olympia, WA

Old 01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you that Blue Springs Harley is ranked #1 in my book. They have treated me right from the time I bought my first bike.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:40 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Before this becomes a list of everyone's favorite dealerships might I suggest you look at the following thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...periences.html

It's already 91 pages long!

Here's the website I referred to earlier:
http://stealer-dealer.com/sd.htm

Last edited by davessworks; 01-24-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:46 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mike5511
If this is Bar and Shield it's a bit of a bummer for them since you have to be in top 25 for Gold. Oh well.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:57 PM
mnskip
Tourer

I have about 6 dealers within 50 miles of me. I rank them 1-6. All I need to know.

Quick Reply: Dealer rankings - what is your's?