Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Light Mount?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you have to modify the '09 head pipes to fit and work on your bike?

Steve

Old 01-28-2010, 05:38 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow those bullet signals on the baggers look sweet.....I like the pancakes, I suppose I'm in the minority on this one...I like it that way.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:54 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I got rid of mine all together and one of the best improvements I have made. I ditched the rubber bumper front and rear and saddlebag guards too.

Attached Thumbnails Custom Light Mount?-000_0111.jpg  
Old 01-28-2010, 09:32 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
Did you have to modify the '09 head pipes to fit and work on your bike?

Steve
Not to the right side, but I had to fab the crossover pipe where it is physically under the bike and adjusted the trans mount on the pipes to work with the fatcat transbracket.

Adam

Old 02-03-2010, 03:31 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

Well that swap meet in Augusta was a total waste of time and the $7.50 admission price. It was just a bunch of old, dirty, broken, crap thrown out on tables with stupid high prices on it.

So my search continues for the custom passing/directional mounts.

Steve

Old 02-03-2010, 03:47 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ashmarc
Wow those bullet signals on the baggers look sweet.....I like the pancakes, I suppose I'm in the minority on this one...I like it that way.
Well, we're at least 2, cause I like the pancakes too. I just added chrome rings to them.
What I also did on the rear is to replace the wide turn signal bar by the narrow one. Looks better IMO.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:05 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
Well that swap meet in Augusta was a total waste of time and the $7.50 admission price. It was just a bunch of old, dirty, broken, crap thrown out on tables with stupid high prices on it.

So my search continues for the custom passing/directional mounts.

Steve
Yeah I have to agree. I should have know better. Nothing indoor motorcycle related around here or a days drive away ever seems to be any good. Sorry for the bad lead and waste of money. Next time I see you out and about I will buy you a round

Adam

Old 02-03-2010, 04:10 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

The big nasty pancakes were one of the first things that got tossed off the bike! LOL!

The mod is extremely easy on an Ultra because all the wiring is already there. You just have to splice the driving light wires and modify a socket to be able to tighten them down because a wire comes out of the bottom of the nut of the driving light. I just bought a cheap socket from HF and cut it with a hacksaw. I'll take a pic for ya.

Actually, HERE is the thread I made when I did mine. It was back when the forum was jacked up and the pics are gone, but if you need anything, LMK.

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 02-03-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Philly76
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic

The big nasty pancakes were one of the first things that got tossed off the bike! LOL!

The mod is extremely easy on an Ultra because all the wiring is already there. You just have to splice the driving light wires and modify a socket to be able to tighten them down because a wire comes out of the bottom of the nut of the driving light. I just bought a cheap socket from HF and cut it with a hacksaw. I'll take a pic for ya.

Actually, HERE is the thread I made when I did mine. It was back when the forum was jacked up and the pics are gone, but if you need anything, LMK.

I want to thank you all for your part in spending my cash. I have never loved the pancake turn signals front or back on RKC, especially the rear bar. Needless to say after seeing how phenomenal your bikes look, I went with the same front set up UltraKla$$ic has and the bullet set up similar to a StreetGlide. A real clean set up.

Again, nice rides all around.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by modes
Yeah I have to agree. I should have know better. Nothing indoor motorcycle related around here or a days drive away ever seems to be any good. Sorry for the bad lead and waste of money. Next time I see you out and about I will buy you a round

Adam
Not a problem, my buddy called me up and asked me if I wanted to go. I wasn't going to bother, but when he said he wanted to go I figured we'd give it a shot. Oh well, lesson learned for the future..........LOL

Steve