Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2010 Dark CVO Ultra...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
MNHD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Ive been there and done that. I got rid of my pos 07 Screamin Eagle 110" & hoping I have better luck with the Ltd. Also don't like the blacked out look. Dealer in Canada says they'll be around $47,000 here.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't like the paint, its flat, not enough contrast, at least on print. That is the problem with the "Dark" look if you take it too far... too much black is as bad (or worse) as too much chrome.

Since we're talking personal opinion here, I don't like the new CVO Ultra paint even in color this year. Looks too factory... something, bland.

Sure, you can end up with $30k or more in a Street Glide, but unless you're a newbie making a lot of mistakes, you end up with what you want.

I wouldn't start at $40k for what the factory wants me to have. But many will for the "status" alone.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn the MoCo, they (sort of) beat me to the punch! Here I am damn near done with my project of tastefully blacking out my '09 bagger and the MoCo comes out with that black CVO. And some of the ideas I see there were on mine during the summer. For my own entertainment I'm just going to pretend I did it first! Hell, on a couple items, I may indeed have, if I'm lucky. Just three more items to put on the bike and I'm DONE! Uh, done enough to be worthy of posting I hope. Had my CVO bag latches blackened months ago, looks better than the normal ones. And my rotors look way better than the MoCo's too. I'll let you guys decide in the upcoming weeks.

My job? My bike.
Hit Lotto? Black CVO.

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn lotto!

Old 01-28-2010, 03:21 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
Very sweet ride. Where's Leo? But look at the price!! Geez, that's beyond outrageous. Of course they had to make their first black out Tourer a CVO unit. It's all about the $$ for the MoCo. Why couldn't they have just put out a nice clean blacked out Standard? I know, I already answered that question. $$$$$$
I"M HERE, I didn't even notice this thread was supposed to be about a blacked out dark bagger. WHERE IS THIS DARK BAGGER?? wow the front end and a few lil parts..honestly they could knock off $10,000 off msrp and I wouldn't want it unless to resell it. as far as them doing a nice clean blacked out standard, I was think'n that since they got rid of the flht that a bike like in the pic below would have replaced it. DARN GREEDY BASTARDS HD!!!!!

Last edited by leohd; 01-28-2010 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:23 AM
gabulldog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even at $40K (by the time you walk out the door). You willbe hard pressed to find one on the showroom floor for sale. There are a lot of guys around that can afford to buy these bikes. My problem is I would still bring it home and take it apart and change half of what they have done. So I might as well start with a $10K bike.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:57 AM
IslandGlide
Cruiser

I love the look, other than the pinstripe flames. If they were silver or goldleaf striping, might be better/more subtle, but the bright orange is a bit tacky to me.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:00 AM
fatvette
Cruiser

Yuck...

Old 01-28-2010, 07:13 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

IMHO, this bike is intended for people who will throw away large amounts of money to impress their friends and soothe their own self doubts. Otherwise, it's completely irrelevant.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:20 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I for one love it, but, lets think about it. you can buy an ultra for low 20's and add motor build, paint wheels and extra goodies for less then 10k. the only thing you don't have is a CVO badge.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:27 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

You are a cruel man! I love that bike. Everything but the price that is. Until I saw that I was about to run straight to my dealership and work a trade. $36k for a bike! Ouch!

Quick Reply: New 2010 Dark CVO Ultra...