Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you drop an ultra will it hurt it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010 | 06:42 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior

ive dropped mine 3 times but it was all due to a heart problem I didnt know I had and loss of strength.. scratched the crash bars but not bad and thats what they are there for..

Old 01-24-2010 | 06:50 PM
D2R
Banned

Dropped my '07 RKC in a Parking lot in down town Lead S.D.Had a tour pack on loaded down,not a scratch.The worst was last June on my '08 EGC.Pouring rain, creeping along in bumper to bumper traffic in some road construction.I came up to a mound of mud across the highway where the belly dumps and scrapers were crossing the highway.This was the slickest mud I'd ever seen,rear wheel slipped out from underneath me.Didn't hurt my bike but couldn't pick it up because it was so slick,and nobody wanted to get out in the rain and play in the mud.One of the equip. operators finally got out of his cab and helped me.

Old 01-24-2010 | 06:56 PM
klap
Road Master

..don't ever forget to put the kickstand down when getting off the bike..don't ask me how I know..lol..

Old 01-24-2010 | 07:02 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

Dropped my Ultra once, nearly stopped in off camber parking lot while turning around.
Zero damage bu as I recall the highway pegs on the guard helped.

Old 01-24-2010 | 07:23 PM
dklanecky
Tourer

Originally Posted by klap
..don't ever forget to put the kickstand down when getting off the bike..don't ask me how I know..lol..

And don;t forget to double check that the kickstand is ALL the way down, before getting off.......... (ask me how I know.)

Old 01-24-2010 | 07:24 PM
crackercap
Road Master

dropping the bike from a standstill will cause minimum damage, maybe a slight scratch on crash bars, now dropping the bike at around 45 mph is a different result. don't ask me how I know, anyway without those crash bars, the damage would have been much worse.

Old 01-24-2010 | 10:21 PM
army_sarge
Cruiser

The engine guards do pretty well at keeping the rest of your parts from makiing contact with the ground unless your bike goes all the way over, then you outer fairing will get scratched. I've played around on on motorcycle obstical courses and you will definetely drop your bike while learning to negotiate some of the obsticals. One thing you can do to keep your engine guards from getting "rash" is tape a piece of radiator hose on the contact points...

Old 01-24-2010 | 10:59 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Yes it will hurt the bike. You will have to send it to counseling for months before it will trust you again.

WHO DAT!!!!! SUPERBOWL BOUND BABY!!!!!!!!

Old 01-25-2010 | 07:55 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Hope you do not find out on your own.There are too many variables to know what kind of damage you might get.

Old 01-25-2010 | 08:47 AM
BuckeyeRider
Road Captain

Dropped mine in a resturant parking lot on the Blue Ridge Pkwy last year.
It was pouring and my left foot slipped just as I was coming to a stop. The lot sloped slightly to the side the bike fell on and it went over all the way.
It bent the clutch lever ans scuffed the outter fairing. No other noticable damage.
My dealer wet sanded and buffed it for free. Had to buy the new lever.
There was 13 of us on the trip and I will now forever be known as Tips.

Quick Reply: If you drop an ultra will it hurt it?