Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New AGITATOR WHEEL is now on my bike

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Chrome:

Black and Chrome:

The following users liked this post:
Zed’s Dead (04-20-2022)
Old 01-29-2010, 10:38 AM
DoobieBrother
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07fxdwg
Sorry. I meant non-fixed (ie. batwing) fairing. I might be saying it wrong. My head is spinning trying to figure out getting a new SG.
That makes no sense. Chrome is very thin in general. And on the CVO SG, it has the contrast Agitators. Are they seriously saying the all chrome ones weigh more? And if so, what up with the CVO Ultra. That thing has all chrome wheels that I guarantee you weigh more than the Agitators. Nevermind the fact that 100's of 1000's of people have all kinds of chrome wheels of different weights and sizes on SG's and every other model of HD regardless of batwing.

and the old 16" wheels, particularly the ones found on the RK's definitely weigh more.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:49 PM
07fxdwg
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DoobieBrother
That makes no sense. Chrome is very thin in general. And on the CVO SG, it has the contrast Agitators. Are they seriously saying the all chrome ones weigh more? And if so, what up with the CVO Ultra. That thing has all chrome wheels that I guarantee you weigh more than the Agitators. Nevermind the fact that 100's of 1000's of people have all kinds of chrome wheels of different weights and sizes on SG's and every other model of HD regardless of batwing.

and the old 16" wheels, particularly the ones found on the RK's definitely weigh more.
Guys, I know it sounds stupid. I just got off the phone with Harley tech support and she told me the same exact thing. They do not recommend it. Yes its only a few pounds. We need to hear from some of the guys who have done it and how the bike rides. I am looking at a SG now and like these wheels but dont want to spend all that $$ and have a problem.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:52 PM
DoobieBrother
Cruiser

Guys, I know it sounds stupid. I just got off the phone with Harley tech support and she told me the same exact thing. They do not recommend it. Yes its only a few pounds. We need to hear from some of the guys who have done it and how the bike rides. I am looking at a SG now and like these wheels but dont want to spend all that $$ and have a problem.
If it actually mattered, then guys with stock Fat Boys and windshields better watch out!

Old 01-29-2010, 03:15 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know what this means right? All you bat wingers will need to trade your bikes in for the land shark!!!11!!1 .

Old 01-29-2010, 03:33 PM
huffy
Cruiser
Received 111 Likes on 34 Posts
Default I haven't heard anything

I haven't had anyone say a thing about this wheel not recomended for the streetglide.. I have put about 90 miles on it and some at 70 mph. I really didn't see or feel anything different. I can't imagine why Harley would make a new wheel, put a version on the most costly bike they produce, then say a version of the same wheel should not be used.. I will call my shop right now and if this is true, I will get my money back,and kich the s--- out of some one in the shop.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:29 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a hoax to me. How would it work on a Road Glide and not a Street Glide. The wheel is attached to the forks regardless. The Bat Wing shouldn't make any different rolling down the road. I smell BS personally.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:35 AM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

I could look at these 2 bikes all day... well, atleast on of them

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Chrome:

Black and Chrome:

Old 01-30-2010, 11:54 AM
huffy
Cruiser
Received 111 Likes on 34 Posts
Default If you want it , then buy it!

Buy what you want to ride and be a happy man, or read all the stuff that shows up on the net and be whatever. Ask the Harley tech if she recomends a 21 on the front with a 1.5 lowered suspension.. got a big bundel of cash that the answer to this question will be something like this.. {The motor company does not recomend the lowering[with aftermarket parts] the suspension of this bike. And the wheel will get the same responce. I put a TAG BRACKET [ the curved one] on my bike and the hold harmless clause reads like I was changing the complete bike to something other than stock. Just more of my input, that really don't mean anything.. I can say for sure that I REALLY LIKE MY STREETGLIDE, IT RIDES GREAT AND FITS ME LIKE AN OLD PAIR OF PANTS. I forgot to mention the fact that while riding the bike at 70mph, I turned off the ignition and let the bike COAST, It was smooth as a newly shaved-----------. Hope this helps..

Old 01-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

Looks great!!

Quick Reply: New AGITATOR WHEEL is now on my bike