Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Limited - Chrome front end and ....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010 | 02:20 PM
scarygt
|
Road Master
Default Ultra Limited - Chrome front end and ....

Some of my parts came in for my new limited. The chrome front end, polished rotors, and bullet lights were installed. The bike has also been lowered 1" front and back. Here are some pics of the front end... not the best quality due to poor lighting, but they will still give you an idea of what I did. I'm trying to decide if I want the French headlight and driving light bevels or maybe the non-lipped ones... not sure yet.

Oh well, here are the pics:

Old 01-24-2010 | 02:51 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

Looks great, but why did you lower it an inch everywhere?

Old 01-24-2010 | 02:57 PM
scarygt
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Maxcustody
Looks great, but why did you lower it an inch everywhere?
I'm only a tad over 5' 7" and the new wide rear end along with my 30 inch inseem made me not exactly flat footed at all times. I was worried that the bike would start scrapping everywhere, but I rode it hard yesterday for 300 miles in turns and never touched down even once. I'm very happy that I lowered it.. I think it looks better and I feel better sitting on the bike.

And thanks for the "looks great" comment!

Old 01-24-2010 | 03:07 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

Sounds good. Glad it doesn't scrape anywhere and handles good too, sounds like you are very happy with it. Always good when mods work out like you want them to. I wish I was able to ride here, still salt and garbage all over the road, just have to wait for Spring I guess.

Old 01-24-2010 | 03:10 PM
CLASSICRYDER
Tourer

nice looking limited

Old 01-24-2010 | 03:18 PM
Mr E
Tourer

those forks look great

Old 01-24-2010 | 03:20 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Very nicely done! The bike looks great, and your add-ons make it look exceptional. Very well done. You'll be glad you chromed the front end every time you look at it, and especially every time you clean it. It's so much easier to always keep looking sharp.

Old 01-24-2010 | 03:24 PM
MODCOBRA
Tourer

looks really nice.....I see you took the bumpers off, front and rear. I like that look. Difficult to do?

Old 01-24-2010 | 03:38 PM
scarygt
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by MODCOBRA
looks really nice.....I see you took the bumpers off, front and rear. I like that look. Difficult to do?
My mechanic took them off when he changed out the rubber from ones with white walls to black walls. He said that you have to remove the tires to do it, but I think that if you took your time that you could do it without removing them. The rear is easy except for a bolt up in the middle of the fender (just about 3 inches up)... I feel that you could also reach that one. So with some patience I beleive that you could remove them without removing the tires.

And thanks everyone for the kind words!

Old 01-24-2010 | 03:46 PM
scarygt
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
Very nicely done! The bike looks great, and your add-ons make it look exceptional. Very well done. You'll be glad you chromed the front end every time you look at it, and especially every time you clean it. It's so much easier to always keep looking sharp.
I really enjoyed it on my last bike, but unlike my last bike I added this 1st thing. I added them just months prior to trading it in on the flhrc. The upgraded front end and brakes always makes a bike look more custom.

Quick Reply: Ultra Limited - Chrome front end and ....