Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DEEPER!#@%!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 04:39 PM
jmxp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DEEPER!#@%!

I've got Wildpigs. I did the sheetmetal mod to deepen them up a bit and thought I was good to go, until I rode my bud's 2003 FatBoy. He's got V&H Bigshots and man, they sound like a couple of canons going off at idle. Very rich, deep bass sound. I think he only has one or two baffles in.

Aside from going to duals which I fully intend to do....is there anything else that can be done to these WP's to get them deeper or am I looking at something like the T-Rex setup (I know bounty will be in here soon to show those clamp free pipes of his, but seriously wondering FOR NOW if I can get them deeper w/o laying out $600+)

DEFINITELY needs to be deeper (and louder). I saw a post a while back about chopping a section out of the baffle and welding the end caps back together, but I don't know if that would do it.

Thanks in advance,

J

Old 07-21-2006, 06:04 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DEEPER!#@%!

Might as well lay out now for the duals and get it over with....cause ya won't be happy till ya do! Deep and loud baby, deep and loud![sm=happy046.gif]

Old 07-21-2006, 07:14 PM
dhutchison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is only so much sound you can get out of a set of slip on's. You might try cutting the baffle down a bit. If you go that route, stick a 1/4" bolt through the remaining section to increase the backpressure. If that don't suit you, then your only other option is to get a set of slip on grag pipes until you srping for the big dollar item.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:34 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Pay out the coin, and join the club!!

Bob

Old 07-21-2006, 11:12 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

[sm=signs007.gif] V&H [sm=signs007.gif]

Old 07-22-2006, 12:10 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you like the sound of longshots why not put them on yours, see them on ebay all the time for baggers way cheaper(389.00 range i think) thru those dealers than most. And regardless all systems sound different if you like it the best then thats the only way to get that exact sound.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:32 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT_ RRRRRRRRR_EEEEEEEEEEEE_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DUALS now or later!! Why settle for second best!!!

Old 07-22-2006, 04:51 PM
jmxp
Tourer

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

If you like the sound of longshots why not put them on yours, see them on ebay all the time for baggers way cheaper(389.00 range i think) thru those dealers than most. And regardless all systems sound different if you like it the best then thats the only way to get that exact sound.
He has bigshots. Do longshots run down the right side of the bike? I like the look of duals too much. I need to hear some of those T-Rex'ers. My friends bike sounds like an HD should, deep and loud, but not drag pipe loud.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmxp

I've got Wildpigs. I did the sheetmetal mod to deepen them up a bit and thought I was good to go, until I rode my bud's 2003 FatBoy. He's got V&H Bigshots and man, they sound like a couple of canons going off at idle. Very rich, deep bass sound. I think he only has one or two baffles in.

Aside from going to duals which I fully intend to do....is there anything else that can be done to these WP's to get them deeper or am I looking at something like the T-Rex setup (I know bounty will be in here soon to show those clamp free pipes of his, but seriously wondering FOR NOW if I can get them deeper w/o laying out $600+)

DEFINITELY needs to be deeper (and louder). I saw a post a while back about chopping a section out of the baffle and welding the end caps back together, but I don't know if that would do it.

Thanks in advance,

J
it has worked for me several times on several different baffles...if youre gonna buy some duals anyway, experiment and find out

Old 07-22-2006, 05:21 PM
jmxp
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

it has worked for me several times on several different baffles...if youre gonna buy some duals anyway, experiment and find out
Cutting them makes them deeper? That's one thing I'm confused about. Does shortening the baffles make the exhaust note deeper and louder?