Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street glide shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010 | 06:00 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

or your 09 SG shocks can be traded with someone with the full length 09 shocks, especially ones from a vivid black 09 Road King that is in Alabama, not that I know of one

Last edited by brettnbama; 01-22-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2010 | 06:12 PM
rizzini
Advanced
Default progressive touring

just bought the new prog touring shock built for the bagger they say its the nuts!!! hope its not mine!! 650 bucks installed, as we speak may vary since there doing a 103 stage four at the same time,, my *** hurts just talking about it, hope its fast enough i dont feel the bumpppppssss lol

Old 01-22-2010 | 07:28 PM
bagger76
|
Tourer

I have spent today looking at lots of shocks and decided to call ohlin monday i want to have a good ride when solo and when the wifes along.We have planned a trip to sturgis this august and its 1560 miles one way thats alot of bumps.cant wait to see out west.

Old 01-23-2010 | 08:30 PM
DoobieBrother
Cruiser

Originally Posted by twodollarbill
Brand new HD touring (13") take-offs can be found on ebay for as little as $50.
If you're really looking to keep things cheap, one thing I'm wondering is how the ride would be if you did the above and then combined it with a set of those lowering brackets. Maybe then you'd stay lower but get a little better feel with the longer shocks, but done cheap. Maybe?

Old 01-24-2010 | 07:24 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Default #3~#1 Ohlins

Originally Posted by bagger76
I have spent today looking at lots of shocks and decided to call ohlin monday i want to have a good ride when solo and when the wifes along.We have planned a trip to sturgis this august and its 1560 miles one way thats alot of bumps.cant wait to see out west.
I designed the #3~#1 to offer the low ride wanted on the Street Glide. This is the shortest shock combination we can build that is a separated system (separator piston partitions shock oil from the nitrogen so there is no foaming) and compacted it into a 12" shock. This is the very lowest we can go as the full stroke will put the stock tire 3/16" away (clearance) from the fender. We accomplished this by eliminating all unused space and put all parts as close together to make the shortest assembly (outer package) possible and still allow for all of the working component internals to remain the same. We did this at a cost, the most visible is there is no height adjustment as this mounting eye and receiver component has been eliminated. The stroke is measured with the bump stop is being fully collapsed. This is a brand new product and 25 sets were made, I do not have any photos to show. I am the person behind this design. If you go to my web site you can see the internals laid out on the table in order. This shock has 32 clicks of combined compression and rebound externally adjustable as well as externally adjustable spring pre-load.

Last edited by FastHarley; 01-24-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-29-2010 | 10:56 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by grbrown
My Ohlins cost less than half a pair of Legend Air shocks, so you can afford to buy two pairs!
My Ohlins cost $580 and they were the lowest price available from the vendor I went through.

Got 'em and they weren't right. Sent them back and about a month later I get them back and they still aren't right.

Ohlins are some of the best shocks money can buy but they need to be adjusted by someone local. Buying via mail order may just put someone in the shipping back and forth nightmare which lasts forever if they are more than a day away shipping time.

Stay local to be happy with Ohlins. Otherwise look a Ikon, Ricor, and Progressive which are much less touchy and much more forgiving of differences in bike and body weight. Ikon's are also rebuildable.

Old 01-30-2010 | 11:21 AM
slvr_bullit
Cruiser

Maybe you bought the wrong bike? No offense, but if you went through the stockers and the adjustable air ride and are still unhappy.. maybe its something else. I bought progressive springs for the rear and I am happy. I dont think its too stiff at all. I weigh under 140 so I dont even get a lot of compression unless I am 2 up.

Old 02-01-2010 | 12:46 PM
bagger76
|
Tourer
Default shocks

I think i was comparing this bike to my yamaha roadstar those bikes ride soooooo great and use a single shock under the frame.The duel shocks never ride as well in my opinion.I know the honda VTX didnt ride as well with duel shocks even with progressives.

Old 02-21-2010 | 11:21 AM
HAP06
1st Gear

Recently ordered my 940 Progressive shocks...for my'06 SG. Last year had the forks reworked w/Progressive springs and Race - Tec Gold valve. Still winter her in PA ...hope to get the shocks installed sometime in March.
103 ci, Rinehart True duals, 264 se cam w/103+ heads, Feuling oil pump & plate, 50mm se throttle body, Zipper air filter, SE Race tuner. 113hp 108 ft-lb. dyno...
The fork upgrade changed handling & comfort..from what I read ...the 940 upgrade will complete the transformation.

Attached Thumbnails street glide shocks-street-fred-008.jpg  
Old 02-21-2010 | 11:27 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Buy a set of progressive 412s @ 12.5" long. Never look back. These shocks are the best I have had on a bagger. Better then the 440s.

Quick Reply: street glide shocks