Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batwing Fairing with Wind

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010 | 10:57 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member

Love my Batwing and have no issues passing trucks at all.

I did get a Roadie as a loaner for a week and I was not at all impressed. I was all over the road with it. I think some of it may have been because there were no lowers.

Old 01-25-2010 | 11:30 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

The batwing I have actually reduces turbulence to me. I'm certainly not having any problems with passing trucks at higher speeds. You need to rent one and find out for yourself. Folks are liable to tell you anything. You're better off finding out for yourself.

Old 01-26-2010 | 01:25 AM
hospitalario
|
6th Gear

Thank you so much for your answers. I´ve already ordered a Wide Open fairing for my Heritage Softail 09

Old 01-26-2010 | 05:31 PM
3dynaP
Road Captain

It's not a problem, lots of them on the road...

Old 01-26-2010 | 08:16 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

I haven't read all the posts so this may be a repeat. I've ridden my Ultra in some pretty nasty winds. Hell yeah it will move around a bit when passing a truck when there's a cross wind. Also when a cross wind hits when going between obstructions like overpasses, etc.
But, it happens on all bikes I've ever had with or without a fairing or windshield.
I've been moved around more in my pickup/cabover camper.
No biggy.

Old 01-27-2010 | 05:34 AM
katobird
Road Warrior

Yeah it wobbles slightly...
If you're behind a truck going 90......just like a car
You can make as much turbulence as you want just depends on your position and distance

otherwise they are great........all stock here

Old 01-27-2010 | 05:54 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

I don't know if I would go as far as saying there isn't much wind affect with a Batwing faring. I do know there is a noticeable difference in the design differences between a Goldwing and a Batwing fairing. I would think the fairing on a Road Glide would handle the wind differently than that of a Batwing. I've always made a habit of moving to the right as far as possibly when a big truck is coming from the opposite direction. It can get rough at times when there are several trucks, one right after the other on secondary roads.

Old 03-01-2016 | 09:36 AM
Treadhead
6th Gear

Hey, this is exactly what I am looking for! Great looking Deluxe What it the part number of the MS Batwing you ordered?

I have an '07 Deluxe in vivid black, the HD windshield has just never fully satisfied.. Looking for a change.

Originally Posted by pbneb
Here are some pictures of the MS Batwing on my Deluxe. The Hoppe and Dragonfly batwings are great products from my research and allow for radios and are made of fiberglass. The reason I chose the MShades was because of the price, light weight, between 7 and 10 lbs and scaled well for the soft tail. The plexiglass is about 3/16 thick and very rigid. In my opinion the pictures of the Hoppe and Dragonfly were just a little large and disproportionate for the soft tail. May provide a little more protection. I don't even want a radio or anything like that on my bike. I ride to get away from all of that stuff. The Mshades provides the level of wind break I was looking for and seems to stablize the bike and my mileage on the highway seemed to improve slightly. Best thing is its on and off in 30 to 45 seconds.

Old 03-01-2016 | 10:43 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Treadhead
Hey, this is exactly what I am looking for! Great looking Deluxe What it the part number of the MS Batwing you ordered?

I have an '07 Deluxe in vivid black, the HD windshield has just never fully satisfied.. Looking for a change.
6 year old thread. pnbeb : last Activity: 02-28-2012 05:56 AM

Old 03-01-2016 | 11:20 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member

Wow, really old thread coming back!

Originally Posted by Treadhead
What it the part number of the MS Batwing you ordered?
You need to check out the Memphis Shades site if you haven't already. Click the Application Charts tab for your bike.
http://www.memphisshades.com/harley-...atwing-fairing

Quick Reply: Batwing Fairing with Wind