Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed E3's using Harbor Frieght tire machine

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 04:51 PM
oppirs
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ya, my driveway is wet ice. I'll wait for ur update on the beads

Old 01-21-2010, 04:57 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ltdan
Yeah, you could have spent the day cruising the forums waiting for yet another opportunity to post cartoon figures instead of getting the satisfaction of working on your own motorcycle (regardless of how long it took, I don't suppose you were charging yourself by the hour).

Well done jsimo7, thanks for the info.
With all due respect cupcake, I do ALL the wrenching on my scoot. At lease jsimo7 knew it was a poke at him and didn't get sand in his mangina like you must've.

Just so you don't feel leftout and go away in tears:

It is a good write-up and the members contemplating on this changer have some input from the OP to help with the decision.............................regardless of the absence of pics.

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 01-21-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:58 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

The mojo blocks protect your wheels from the clamps on the changer. The Mojo lever would replace the HF lever, it is plastic coated to protect the rims, I also hear good things about the NOMAR lever.

Here is a link .
http://home.comcast.net/~prestondrake/mojoblocks.htm

I'm also considering getting the wheel balancer recommended. In the past I've used spoons to change the tires and a steel rod on jack stands to balance them.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:01 PM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
With all due respect cupcake, I do ALL the wrenching on my scoot. At lease jsimo7 knew it was a poke at him and didn't get sand in his vagina like you must've.

It is a good write-up and the members contemplating on this changer have some input from the OP to help with the decision.............................regardless of the absence of pics.
I'll try to post some pics of the changer before I unbolt it, and the finished wheels tomorrow.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:03 PM
oppirs
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your getting this flack on E3's , many have tried never done....easy!!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 05:16 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Jim,

I was just razzin ya. I'm seriously contemplating the HF changer vs. the No-Mar changer and I DO appreciate your write-up. Seriously. It gives me insight from somebody who's actually used the HF changer versus some that may think it's junk even though they've never tried it. The function over form is also very valuable and I perceived from you're write-up you're satisfied.

As others have stated, thanks for taking the time to convey your experience.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:16 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great write up. Thanks!!

Old 01-21-2010, 05:27 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Jim,

I was just razzin ya. I'm seriously contemplating the HF changer vs. the No-Mar changer and I DO appreciate your write-up. Seriously. It gives me insight from somebody who's actually used the HF changer versus some that may think it's junk even though they've never tried it. The function over form is also very valuable and I perceived from you're write-up you're satisfied.

Is this where we have a Group Hug?

Old 01-21-2010, 05:35 PM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jim,

I don't mind a little razzin at all .. you got a little back .. cool
The tool bar is the only thing that needs redesigned. It needs some kind of plastic where it touches the rim. The rest of the changer was sturdy, solid, and very usable for home tire changes. The tool bar came with the base changer and not the M/C adaptor so it is designed for car rims I think. I will look into the mojo bar or another kind of rim protection before I use it again. Cleveland Ohio M/C show is next week so maybe can look at some options there
.. Group hug would work but the beastiality ultraclassic must go to the corner and not touch anyone LOL

Last edited by jsimo7; 01-21-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:37 PM
ltdan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

With all due respect cupcake, I do ALL the wrenching on my scoot. At lease jsimo7 knew it was a poke at him and didn't get sand in his mangina like you must've.

Cupcake? It's Sugar Honey Yum Yum Boy for your information. Averaging a couple thousand posts per year you must have great wi-fi reception in your garage!!

Quick Reply: Installed E3's using Harbor Frieght tire machine