Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King vs Heritage Softail

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010 | 04:52 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

You're only hearing what other people like.

What you need to do is try both and buy the one you like better.

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:36 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

They don't call it the King for nothing. I have had both and like the RKC. It has cruise control which makes a big difference once you get used to having it. I did like the Heritage and still have a ST Springer for tooling around the area but any real riding and I get the King out. YMMV

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:39 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

I think the touring rides better but the Heritage looks better...I have to go with RK...I would like to have a softail asa 2nd bike...Also my wife could ride it cuz it's lower....

By the way i don't own either. i have a Electra Glide Classic..added cruise.

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:46 AM
Conch-RK
Intermediate

My vote RK!
But what response did you expect asking the question in the Touring section?

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:49 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
From: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative

I don't care for the buzz of the "B" motor. At speed, I think the "A" has a better feel than the balanced motor. Better handling with the RK, too.

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:57 AM
grumpus
Advanced

Vote for the King, but you need to decide on your riding style and choose.

Old 01-21-2010 | 01:14 PM
IronLegend
Tourer

The stock RK's can be a bit high for some of us, fortunately the fellow who originally owned the one I have had it lowered at both ends cause he was vertically challenged as am I so the lowered configuration has worked out for me also. BTW he bought a Heritage Classic.

Old 01-21-2010 | 01:33 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master

I have both. both are 09's. (Heritage is my wife's bike). it's fun to scoot around on, but for any kind of riding longer than an hour I ride the king. she loves the heritage, it does feel more nimble, u sit "in" the bike rather than on it like the stock king (ive since replaced the seat and put the heritage style bars on the king and now it's great).

Old 01-21-2010 | 01:52 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

I'm guessing you probably posted this over in the Softie Section too for a balanced look. I'd be willing to guess that more than 80% of the Touring Folks have had or might even still have a Softail. There's a reason we all end up with Touring bikes. We enjoy the ride. The all day comfort, the variety of options, and the ability to carry all our crap. Decide what YOU want your bike to do for you, and then place your order. If I were in your boat, and actually didn't know which way to go (cause deep down usually we all know what we'd really rather have) I'd go out and rent them both, ride em both through the same area, and then make a decision. Good Luck, and let us know.

Old 01-21-2010 | 02:00 PM
Fl Jimbo 05
Tourer

Seat height is a big diff. If your tall enough, 5'9" +, RK is probably the way to go. Also, depends on type of driving. around town - heritage
long trips - RK

my

Quick Reply: Road King vs Heritage Softail