Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plate relocate??

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010 | 04:23 PM
bikerick
|
Cruiser
Default Plate relocate??

Iam removing the tour pack but the plate is attached to the bottom of it. Iam trying to fiqure out where to put it without drilling into the fender?? Any ideas?? The other pic is the new inner fairing iam installing...

Attached Thumbnails Plate relocate??-bike-pic-s-145.jpg   Plate relocate??-bike-pic-s-144.jpg   Plate relocate??-bike-pic-s-146.jpg  
Old 01-20-2010 | 04:42 PM
gmc1999
Cruiser

The quick detach kit comes with a plate relocation hookup.

Old 01-20-2010 | 05:47 PM
rooster3171
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bikerick
Iam removing the tour pack but the plate is attached to the bottom of it. Iam trying to fiqure out where to put it without drilling into the fender?? Any ideas?? The other pic is the new inner fairing iam installing...
If you don't want to purchase the detachable kit I suggest you buy a Kuryakyn kit, relocates plate to under the tail light.

Old 01-20-2010 | 05:47 PM
bikerick
|
Cruiser
Default Plate relocate

Iam not buying the kit, i cant see spending $450.00 for a chrome quick disconnect...Iam just going to remove 2 screws on each side...i dont need the tour pack for most of the riding i do..i just need to relocate the plate

Old 01-20-2010 | 05:57 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm doing the same thing with my 09 as soon as i take her out of storage in april.I recently purchased from my dealer the HD signal light bar and plate bracket from an 09 Road King or an 09 FLHT.The signal light bar is not as wide as the original one on my EG(1.5 inches narrower)but it has an LED light in it to illuminate the plate which will now be located below the tail-light.Hopefully there is enough room between the fender tip light and the tail-light for the plate,if not,its back to square one......lol

Old 01-20-2010 | 06:13 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior

zip tie it to the rear of your saddlebag guard rails

Old 01-20-2010 | 06:24 PM
gregorysfd
Tourer

I removed my tour pack and created a bracket that goes from one of the screws that held the tour pack bend at a right angle to come across the back above the light and then bolted it back to the other side works pretty good. Painted it with paint that matched very close to Black Pearl. Ii also made a bracket to mount the tour pack adjustable to use it as a back rest for the me because I ride alone mist all the time.

Old 01-20-2010 | 06:35 PM
tut60
Cruiser

Leave it to HD to figure out a way to get more money out of us.

Old 01-20-2010 | 10:04 PM
dabrogger

I completely agree with not spending the big bucks on the quick detach kit. I just took mine off of my new to me electra glide the other day; very easy, only took about ten minutes total. I did not like the l/p bracket either so i went to the local h/d dealership and they had a laydown l/p bracket for $39 I think. Bought that and put it on...it looks really good. Just hanging on to the original bracket for the next time my bride wants to go on a long trip with me so i can spend fifteen minutes putting the tour pac back on.

Old 01-21-2010 | 05:53 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior

Take a look at Fireman Joes website for plate relocator. The one they show is what I ran on my RK.

http://www.firemanjoes.com/

Quick Reply: Plate relocate??