Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Andrews 21N Cams - First Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Lowside
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Andrews 21N Cams - First Ride

Bike: 2006 Road King, K & N Air Cleaner, Vance & Hines Basic Slip Ons, Power Commander III USB and now Andrews 21N cams.

I’m disappointed as hell! It’s way more vibey at low RPMs and doesn’t seem to be any more powerful at low RPMs, as it is supposed to be, or any RPM for that matter. I think it may just be a fueling problem but won’t be able to get a dyno tune for a few more weeks and want to ride during that time so I have a couple of questions.

My current PC III map worked great with the stock cams and the only change was the cams. I'm thinking that, since the Andrews 21 pulls harder at lower RPMs, it will help to add fuel to my current PC III map in the lower RPM areas for Throttle Positions 5% to 80% or so. The question is now much fuel to add. Any suggestions on this?

Also, if someone has a Power Commander map for a bike configured similarly that they wouldn’t mind sending that would be very helpful.

Thanks for suggestions/help!

Ted – Denver
Email: mapsmc@gmaill.com

Old 01-18-2010, 11:09 PM
rkrdr2
Advanced

Give DynoJet a call and tell them your mod's and they will tell you which one of their
"can maps" will get you close until you can get it to a tuner...I did this for my '04 RK and the map they told me to try was pretty damn close...they were actually good people to deal with.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:41 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to get the bike in the hands of a competent dyno tuner and let him tune it for your mods. Basic canned maps work fine with exhaust/air cleaner add-ons. But when you start doing cams, or heads, or big bore.............you really need to get the tune done for your bike.

Steve

Old 01-19-2010, 11:27 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Your stock map won't be even close for the cam upgrade. Go to the PC site and download a map for your application, if they have one. If not, get a competent dyno-tune. Where did you buy the PCIII? If from Fuel Moto he may already have a map for that combo.

Old 01-19-2010, 11:49 AM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Andrews 21 cam and it idles better then stock did,must be the tune. I think you'll love the torque curve or lack of it when you get it tuned

Old 01-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Lowside
Advanced

Originally Posted by rkrdr2
Give DynoJet a call and tell them your mod's and they will tell you which one of their
"can maps" will get you close until you can get it to a tuner...I did this for my '04 RK and the map they told me to try was pretty damn close...they were actually good people to deal with.
Thanks for the tip RK. I did check the Dynojet web site and they have tons of maps to choose from, but none for the Andrews 21 series cams.

Ted - Denver

Old 01-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Lowside
Advanced

Originally Posted by iclick
Your stock map won't be even close for the cam upgrade. Go to the PC site and download a map for your application, if they have one. If not, get a competent dyno-tune. Where did you buy the PCIII? If from Fuel Moto he may already have a map for that combo.
I did get it from Fuel Moto, a few years back. I'll call them and see if they have something close. I may just need to push up my dyno tune sooner. Love to do it right away but I've been spending way too much on the bike lately. Sure is fun though!

Ted - Denver

Old 01-20-2010, 11:43 AM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the link to the maps from DynoJet for your bike.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...mdl=31&yr=2006

If you just click on the Downloads at the top of the website you can download the Control Center software needed to upload the map to your bike.

If you have any questions use the "Contact Us" at the top of the website and go to Tech Support. Stan Lass from their Tech department has been absolutely awesome helping me out.

Last edited by joewg3; 01-20-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM
KY23
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lowside
I did get it from Fuel Moto, a few years back. I'll call them and see if they have something close. I may just need to push up my dyno tune sooner. Love to do it right away but I've been spending way too much on the bike lately. Sure is fun though!

Ted - Denver
Ted,

What map did you end up going with? I'm putting the Andrews 21N in my bike right now and would appreciate any info that you learned.

Eric