Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Droid cell phone holder for handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010 | 07:56 PM
Lawdawg
|
Road Warrior
Default Droid cell phone holder for handlebars

For all those that ride and have a Droid cell phone , I found a product that is used to hold your phone to your handlebars. It is called Rider's Claw, http://ridersclaw.com/ currently they only have claws for the iphone and ipods. However I contatced the manufacture and they will produce 100 if the get 10 request. So if you think it is something you might like to use with your bike, send them an email requesting they make one for the Droid.

Thanks.

On a side note, I have nothing to do with this company, I just want them to make one for the Droid.

Old 01-18-2010 | 08:38 PM
Mr Cujo
Road Master

Seriously?? A hundred bucks for a phone mount ? I'm all about capitalism, but there ain't a chance I'm paying that much.

Old 01-19-2010 | 01:53 AM
jdbush23
Cruiser

i believe he said if they get 10 requests they will produce 100 holders, no price listed.

Old 01-19-2010 | 02:01 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

i don't get it...you're going to answer the phone while riding?

personally, i get on my bike to get away from anyone who might want to call me on my damned cell phone. only reason i bring the f**kin thing is in case i wreck or break down somewhere, but that's it.

you guys on the touring bikes already have a radio, fairing, windshield, bags for luggage, and now you want a clip for your phone?

dude, park the bike and get in the car.

and that's not a flame to touring bikes, my dad rides a street glide and i love that bike, steal it every chance i get, but come on...

bar mounted ipod/cup holder/cell phone?

get back to riding, man.

Old 01-19-2010 | 06:44 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

Thats part of the joy of having a touring bike. We can have all the goodies and a cell phone too. Now get on that girls bike and ride and stop wishing you could could be him.

Old 01-19-2010 | 07:24 AM
Gordon65
Tourer

Originally Posted by jdbush23
i believe he said if they get 10 requests they will produce 100 holders, no price listed.

unfortunatly the ipod ones are $100!

If he's going to make droid ones, (especially for $100), he will need to build in the magnet that trips it into navigation mode....and keeps the phone from hibernating.

Old 01-19-2010 | 08:51 AM
Cokie
Advanced

I Agree with Gordon65, they will have to figure out a way to insert the magnets so the DROID works in travel/GPS mode. I sent them a note on this so they do not forget about the magnets. Looks like a really nice cradle, but a little steep on the price for something that should cost $20 - $30? JMHO......Yes, we are guesstimating on the pricing from the cost of other units, that is how we "know" the price is steep and with the magnets, I'm sure it will cost a lot more!!

Old 01-19-2010 | 12:11 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Riders Claw: The Droid is more than a phone with GPS and internet. It is quite capable as an mp3 player and it can also stream Pandora radio. Pretty much an all inclusive device. I don't think there is anyone (well maybe a few) that are interested in using it mounted to the bike for phone and net purposes. More the GPS and music.

Old 01-19-2010 | 01:34 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

I'm watching

Old 01-19-2010 | 02:52 PM
Mr Cujo
Road Master

@ JDBUSH - I was extrapolating the price from the ranges offered on the website for iPod devices. It's ok.

@ Riders Claw - FWIW, the Droid is a direct competitor for the iPhone. It is sure to make a huge impact in the market place. It does all that the the iPhone does (music, video, pics, navigation, etc --as well as place phone calls -- ...but in some minds, the Droid does it better.
Also... your statement concerning your concern about not producing items compatible with phone use might need to be re-thought as you are already making a mount for what is possibly the most popular phone on the planet....just sayin'

I've got no beef with you, and even though I'm not a current customer, it does look well made and I honestly wish you all the success in the world.

Quick Reply: Droid cell phone holder for handlebars