Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Droid cell phone holder for handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010 | 07:38 PM
ictdog
Intermediate

There are two that I use depending on the daylight or cloudy...Speedview GPS speedometer and GPS SpeedHUD...HUD cost a buck but it has awesome digital readout...

Old 07-21-2010 | 08:53 PM
h01waterman
Cruiser

Here in the islands we tend to lose our radio stations as we drive around the mountains on the island. Cell phone coverage(Verizon) is pretty good though. Since there is no XM radio, Slacker radio is GREAT. It is good fun listening the blues while cruising past the beaches (talk about distracted driving...).

Thanks to the OP for this thread. It gives me ideas. Right now I plug my phone into a FM transmitter and tune the radio in. The whole thing (phone and transmitter) fits into my tour pack and plugs into the power port. It would be great to have the opportunity to change stations at the stop light.

"I'm travelin' down the road and I flirtin' with disaster...."

Old 07-28-2010 | 08:51 PM
jdbush23
Cruiser

Marking for future info, just got a droid X and trying to mount it on the glide

Old 07-30-2010 | 05:21 AM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

I ordered the Iphone holder and diamond plate last night, I have all the other parts from my gps, I should be able to report back next weekend on how it works !!!!

Old 07-30-2010 | 01:00 PM
capnez
Cruiser

I have a Nokia Nuron 5230 that does the same,but has free maps from ovi store turn by turn gps, mp3 ,camera fm radio and blue tooth for $180 from t mobile and it does a lot more

Old 07-30-2010 | 01:33 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

well you can use that instead of a droid or an iphone....

Old 07-30-2010 | 05:24 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by capnez
I have a Nokia Nuron 5230 that does the same,but has free maps from ovi store turn by turn gps, mp3 ,camera fm radio and blue tooth for $180 from t mobile and it does a lot more
around here it wouldn't work as a phone

Old 07-31-2010 | 07:43 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

has anyone figured out a way to put "routes" into google navigation?, you would think you could load a map from google "my maps" into it, but I have no idea how....

Old 08-01-2010 | 10:22 PM
Rain
Tourer

Anyone have an issue with interence using their Droid on their bike when the charger is plugged it? When I have mine plugged in and the key turned to run or the bike running I get a lot of interence like high-pitched beeps and other weird sounds when using Pandora or the native music player. Tried a different charger and got the same thing.

Old 08-01-2010 | 11:08 PM
Rain
Tourer

Originally Posted by y2kflhr
has anyone figured out a way to put "routes" into google navigation?, you would think you could load a map from google "my maps" into it, but I have no idea how....
I found this on an Android forum:

"When you find a map on the web you think you might need for Droid sat-nav, just use the "save to..." link and save it to your My Maps map.

Then, on the Droid, click on maps, then layers, more layers, My Maps, your saved Google map (The Droid grabs it for you). Now you have the layer on your map. Click the small icon in the bottom left, which will bring up all the adresses on your custom Google map. Pick the one you want, then choose navigate. There you go. "

I got the map to open on the Droid but am not sure how to get it to navigate using the map that I created.

Quick Reply: Droid cell phone holder for handlebars