Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Droid cell phone holder for handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010 | 12:44 PM
TitoFTW
Road Master

Originally Posted by Riders Claw
Hi Rob,
Thank you for the "heads up" message.

We were contacted about developing a Rider's Claw for the Droid a week or so ago.
Quite honestly, I know nothing about the Droid and advised the caller that he was the 1st to make this request.

After reading some of the HD Forum comments, it sounds like the Droid is not a music holding device but rather just a phone with internet and GPS capability.

We are not in favor of developing a mechanism outside of enabling riders to listen to their music. There are plenty of GPS holders out there to assist riders with attaching their Garmin, and we really don't want to create a Rider's Claw for the sole purpose of using a phone while riding. A ringing phone is a safety distraction, let alone providing access to anyone that would feel compelled to want to answer it.

As for the comments on price... Our Rider's Claw includes the cost of a polished decorative copper/nickle chrome finish, includes shipping costs, and includes both a 36" auxiliary cable for a left side mount and an 18" auxiliary cable for a right side mount. HD Forum Members receive a 10% Discount. It's a really nice quality piece, built in the USA... but like buying/riding a Harley... it's not for everyone.
The Droid aslo has a feature tha tgives turn by turn directions like a nav system. It also holds music and will stream pandora radio.

Old 06-08-2010 | 02:38 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master

Sooo any updates on stability of the phone with the garmin holder.

Old 06-08-2010 | 03:33 PM
Motorman10
Cruiser

I'm in if they can make the mount to hold the droid incredible with the body glove cover

Old 06-08-2010 | 03:51 PM
Knight2
Tourer

Originally Posted by toastman
you're going to answer the phone while riding?
Who said they're going to answer it? Some guys are maybe business owners or something and need to know if an important call comes in!
They could pull over and get it''

personally, i get on my bike to get away from anyone
EXACTLY!
Just because "YOU" like to get away from your phone doesn't mean others want to also!

you guys on the touring bikes already have a radio, fairing, windshield, bags for luggage, and now you want a clip for your phone?
JEALOUS? LOL

but come on...
bar mounted ipod/cup holder/cell phone?
Reason we have baggers is for comfort man! We like that'

get back to riding, man.
Believe us! We ride! Comfortably too!

Just sayin...
Not startin anything... (just sayin...)

Old 06-08-2010 | 03:52 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

I was having trouble finding a place with my garmin, I found it with the incredible but had to have the g/f hold it and read me directions, I would love a mount for my incredible!

Old 06-08-2010 | 03:54 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by y2kflhr
I was having trouble finding a place with my garmin, I found it with the incredible but had to have the g/f hold it and read me directions, I would love a mount for my incredible!
sounds like you have a mount

Old 06-08-2010 | 03:56 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

a mount for multiple toys!!

Old 06-08-2010 | 07:56 PM
psychocircus
Road Master

Originally Posted by Rain
So you're using the car mount as it comes out of the box attaching it to your windshield with the suction cup? Thought about trying that but was afraid it would fall off. Has fell off of my truck windshield a few times but that may have been because the windshield was cold when I initially attached it during the winter.

Are you using anything to secure the phone in the cradle aside from the clip built into the mount? If not, has it ever came loose? SGLarry isn't using anything and said his is secure. Right now I'm using an o-ring that wraps around the phone and the cradle towards the top when it it's in the mount. Paranoid that a big bump will toss it out of the cradle into the road.
yup. works good. vibs alot at idle but not so bad at speed. one trick i pulled was to add some 2mm stickyback foam padding to the cradle, helps keep the phone from vibin in the cradle. just make sure yer shield and cup is clean, push on the base by means of the locking lever and push on the shield from the front as you push the cup down and lock the lever at the same time. if ya want some simple insurance from falling off zippy tie the aux cord to the cradle arm and do the same on the other end by the bars. mine did fall off once but the shield was dusty when i put it up.

Old 06-09-2010 | 07:44 PM
Rain
Tourer

Anyone tried any of the antiglare screen protectors and if so what brand and did it help?

Old 06-09-2010 | 07:45 PM
Rain
Tourer

Originally Posted by psychocircus
if ya want some simple insurance from falling off zippy tie the aux cord to the cradle arm and do the same on the other end by the bars. mine did fall off once but the shield was dusty when i put it up.
Sounds like a good idea, thanks.

Quick Reply: Droid cell phone holder for handlebars