Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Droid cell phone holder for handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010 | 02:05 PM
Cokie
Advanced

Originally Posted by SGLarry
I made a mount using the car mount made specifically for the Droid...fabricated a ball adapter to attach to my ram clutch mount https://www.hdforums.com/forum/6045222-post68.html .....works perfect!
That looks great!!!!

Old 02-07-2010 | 07:11 PM
Lawdawg
|
Road Warrior

It's funny, I forgot I started this thread, I don't even have the Droid anymore, I went back to my BB Tour.

I don't see how anyone would ride without a fairing and a radio/cd player/CB, but then again thats me.

I agree with answering the phone while riding, leave a message and I will get back with you. However the Droid has an awesome GPS for free (i will miss that the most), not too mention MP3 player etc...

I like to homemade mount, it looks good. Plus a lot less than $100 is a real good thing! Good job!!

Last edited by Lawdawg; 02-07-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-13-2010 | 12:31 PM
Gordon65
Tourer

check this out - this should work great fro the droid, and the oem motorola navigation holder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/gps-n...83970150937291

gotta give credit to Johnny Wolf who posted this link in the ipod nano install thread...

Old 05-31-2010 | 10:01 PM
Rain
Tourer

I made a mount using the car mount made specifically for the Droid...fabricated a ball adapter to attach to my ram clutch mount https://www.hdforums.com/forum/6045222-post68.html .....works perfect!
Old post, I know. How's this working out after you've ridden with it for a while? Does the phone still stay in the cradle well and can you see it in the sun? Thinking of the doing something similar with mine.

Old 06-01-2010 | 06:01 AM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior

What about Harley's Boom! audio tank pouch (91003-10), will that work for a Droid?

Old 06-01-2010 | 06:15 AM
SGLarry
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rain
Old post, I know. How's this working out after you've ridden with it for a while? Does the phone still stay in the cradle well and can you see it in the sun? Thinking of the doing something similar with mine.
Not a problem at all with it staying secure in the cradle. Could be a tad brighter for the gps but it's fine, plus you get the turn by turn directions through the radio. For steaming radio and the mp3's it works perfrect. Phone calls come through the radio too!! I do pull off the the road to answer or use the phone, :-)

Lar

Old 06-07-2010 | 09:35 PM
Rain
Tourer

I ended up ordering one of these for about 36.00 with shipping: http://motomount.net/garminnuvi.htm and using the removable cradle from the Motorola Droid car mount. It looks very clean and no customization required.

When I want to use the Droid for a GPS in the truck I just unscrew the cradle from the ball mount on the bike and screw it back onto the car mount ball.

If anyone is interested I'll get some pictures posted.

Old 06-07-2010 | 10:29 PM
psychocircus
Road Master

car mount works just fine. easy to put it in any posittion i want across the bottom of the shield, right below my line of sight. easy to remove to clean or use in car, matches the dash, can be used on the gas door. i might pull the magnet out. not sure i like the gps running constant even when i just wanna jam tunes. its not too hard to touch the screen for the gps, or whatever.

Old 06-08-2010 | 10:03 AM
Rain
Tourer

Originally Posted by psychocircus
car mount works just fine.
So you're using the car mount as it comes out of the box attaching it to your windshield with the suction cup? Thought about trying that but was afraid it would fall off. Has fell off of my truck windshield a few times but that may have been because the windshield was cold when I initially attached it during the winter.

Are you using anything to secure the phone in the cradle aside from the clip built into the mount? If not, has it ever came loose? SGLarry isn't using anything and said his is secure. Right now I'm using an o-ring that wraps around the phone and the cradle towards the top when it it's in the mount. Paranoid that a big bump will toss it out of the cradle into the road.

Old 06-08-2010 | 10:07 AM
Rain
Tourer

Not a problem at all with it staying secure in the cradle. Could be a tad brighter for the gps but it's fine, plus you get the turn by turn directions through the radio. For steaming radio and the mp3's it works perfrect. Phone calls come through the radio too!! I do pull off the the road to answer or use the phone, :-)

Lar
I was tempted to try a voice search-based call while at a stop light while testing but refrained. Wouldn't be a good habit to start.

Quick Reply: Droid cell phone holder for handlebars