Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Droid cell phone holder for handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010 | 03:31 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by toastman
i don't get it...you're going to answer the phone while riding?

personally, i get on my bike to get away from anyone who might want to call me on my damned cell phone. only reason i bring the f**kin thing is in case i wreck or break down somewhere, but that's it.

you guys on the touring bikes already have a radio, fairing, windshield, bags for luggage, and now you want a clip for your phone?

dude, park the bike and get in the car.

and that's not a flame to touring bikes, my dad rides a street glide and i love that bike, steal it every chance i get, but come on...

bar mounted ipod/cup holder/cell phone?

get back to riding, man.
I have to agree here.. hell I hardly ever hear my phone ring as its on my belt and I dont need a damn cup holder I just hold my beer between my legs like I used to do when I was 23.. ... Most phones have voice mail ..call em back after you stop..

Old 01-19-2010 | 03:41 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

The Droid is also an MP3 player. Talking on the phone, while on the bike, is too distracting.

Old 01-19-2010 | 03:48 PM
Retrax
Tourer

I have a Droid. It has 16 gigs of memory on a micro SD card so I can put a ton of music on it. I have heard it will support 32 and 64 gig cards when they are available. It also has a great GPS navigation system which is free (no additional service fees) and has turn by turn navigation. The Motorola car mount does have a magnet in it which keeps the phone from going to sleep when you use it for GPS. FWIW, the phone works best in GPS mode when it is displayed horizontally to take advantage of the wide screen display.

Old 01-19-2010 | 03:56 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

the magnet keeps it awake?

Old 01-19-2010 | 10:23 PM
rysess20
Advanced

The Motorola mount has a magnet that puts the phone into GPS mode as soon as its clicked in. They motorola mount also has the suction cup mount that will work suctioned to your rpm gage extremely well. I would recommend the newer mount that just came out that puts it in a heavy protective case that clips onto the suction mount. The better part of it all is its only 29.99. The mount does allow it to stay lit up at all times but you better carry your car charger with you because a 3 or 4 hour trip will drain the battery. The Droid is a multimedia device that will allow it to be used as an MP3.

Old 02-06-2010 | 11:10 AM
kpiskin
Intermediate

I would strictly want a Droid mount for navigation. I am not sure where it could fit on my sportster though. I thought about using some sort of double-sided velcro solution on my tank until something more permanent came out.

Old 02-06-2010 | 11:27 AM
Cokie
Advanced

Go to the bottom of the page and goto the box and at the bottom is one for the droid.

http://ipodcarparts.com/motorcyclebi...ces-p-375.html

Old 02-06-2010 | 01:42 PM
GAZippoman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by n8dc
I have to agree here.. hell I hardly ever hear my phone ring as its on my belt and I dont need a damn cup holder I just hold my beer between my legs like I used to do when I was 23.. ... Most phones have voice mail ..call em back after you stop..
I leave my Blackberry in the tourpack. Let them leave a message@

I can understand using it as a GPS and even as a MP3 player. But if you're going to do all that, why not go with the Garmin Zumo? GPS, XM radio and bluetooth so you COULD use the phone.

Old 02-06-2010 | 01:59 PM
Gordon65
Tourer

Originally Posted by Cokie
Go to the bottom of the page and goto the box and at the bottom is one for the droid.

http://ipodcarparts.com/motorcyclebi...ces-p-375.html

awesome!! i've been waiting for someone to make a droid mount

Old 02-06-2010 | 02:18 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain

I made a mount using the car mount made specifically for the Droid...fabricated a ball adapter to attach to my ram clutch mount https://www.hdforums.com/forum/6045222-post68.html .....works perfect!

Attached Thumbnails Droid cell phone holder for handlebars-img_1308.jpg   Droid cell phone holder for handlebars-img_1301.jpg   Droid cell phone holder for handlebars-img_1306.jpg  

Last edited by SGLarry; 02-07-2010 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Droid cell phone holder for handlebars