Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

88" to 95" ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010 | 07:21 PM
Gigantor
|
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rthomp159
I would look for an indy that can do something other than a S/E build. You'll get more for less. Look at http://www.tmanperformance.com/ for quality parts and dyno charts.

I'm very, very happy with my T-Man parts.
i like the numbers generated by the builds except that id rather have the bigger number on the torque side. also id be at the mercy of my builder to put the parts together correctly. i know ive heard more than a couple people ive seen on the forums have said they like their tman builds definatley will look into them and thanks for the heads up!

Old 01-26-2010 | 10:17 PM
Gigantor
|
Advanced

ok, got another quote and see if i can get some feedback on whether its a good deal or not.

1. baisley heads
2. high compression pistons(10.5 to 1)
3. hydaulic camplate upgrade
4. 95" jugs
6. lifters
7. clutch plates
8. heavier clutch spring
9. cometic gaskets
10. initial tune followed up by an oil change and dyno tune at 1k
11. woods cams

similar build using these parts by the builder got 105 hp 116 torque. the work will be done by faribault, mn harley dealer who has gotten a few kudos on this board. the price is just shy of 4k out the door which includes pick up and delivery. so, good deal or not?

Last edited by Gigantor; 01-27-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: forgot the cams:(
Old 01-26-2010 | 10:31 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just had this done at my local dealer, which I like & trust. I'm positive that I have less than 3k in my build and I have some nice numbers. I had the SE cam plate with 211 gears added along with new 95" jugs and ported & polished my heads. I used the stock push rods $ lifters. Here's the dyno sheet https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...sheet-pic.html

Old 01-26-2010 | 11:02 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Gigantor, where do you live? Are you close enough to Daytona for Bike Week. You might get some direct answers and costs, if you can wait.

Just a thought.

Shrink, what year is your bike? Carbed?

Old 01-26-2010 | 11:37 PM
Gigantor
|
Advanced

im in minnesota...far away from daytona.

Old 01-26-2010 | 11:41 PM
Gigantor
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by TheShrink
I just had this done at my local dealer, which I like & trust. I'm positive that I have less than 3k in my build and I have some nice numbers. I had the SE cam plate with 211 gears added along with new 95" jugs and ported & polished my heads. I used the stock push rods $ lifters. Here's the dyno sheet https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...sheet-pic.html
thats a great build, however, for a grand more im gaining 15 hp and 20 some horse according to the numbersnot a bad trade off no?

Old 01-26-2010 | 11:49 PM
Jetman
Advanced

Sounds to me like you have made up your mind.......You've countered every suggestion that you asked for...........If you happy w/ your bike & your existing mods, & this is something you want, then just pull the plug.......If you spend an extra $7-800 over what you "Might" save, so be it..........You got what you wanted.......

Old 01-27-2010 | 12:12 AM
Gigantor
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jetman
Sounds to me like you have made up your mind.......You've countered every suggestion that you asked for...........If you happy w/ your bike & your existing mods, & this is something you want, then just pull the plug.......If you spend an extra $7-800 over what you "Might" save, so be it..........You got what you wanted.......
i have indeed made up my mind to go to a 95" build but exactly how in terms of price and and who does it is still open for debate. through my research and feedback from this forum two things come to light. i could go with a generic build and save 1000 to 1500, maybe more. however, im the type that likes to push the envelope a little and get as much out of the build as i can at a reasonable cost. im not countering suggestions just to be an *** because ive made up my mind but to get more insight into which way i want to go to get the results im looking for. many times in the past ive done things without asking for advice from people who have "been there done that" and paid dearly for it and dont want to make the same mistake again. with that being said id like to thank everyone who contributed advice, especially Producer who definately went out of his way to give me a better picture of what im looking for.

Old 01-27-2010 | 07:56 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My machine is an '05 Ultra, injected with Rinehart TD's. It was dynoed for rideability, not max power. I think I'm actually closer to $2500 on cost. It's a whole new machine and I'm not sure that anoth $1500-2000 would make ME any happier. I do know that if I changed to a 2-1 exhaust and dynoed for max power, that I would have more numbers on paper. My *** likes where it's at right now and that front tire will come up if I want it too.

Old 01-27-2010 | 08:55 AM
Steelknee57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful chasing those numbers, you may get what you wish for. I think this article can be used as a guide to a common sense build, regardless of who does it.

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/street_tc_engine.htm

Quick Reply: 88" to 95" ideas