Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extra Electrical Connections

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010 | 02:46 PM
vtxkc
|
Advanced
Default Extra Electrical Connections

I just purchased a new 2010 EGC.There is an electrical connection under the seat with nothing plugged into it and also one in the tour pak. Any idea what these are for??

Thanks

Old 01-18-2010 | 02:52 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by vtxkc
I just purchased a new 2010 EGC.There is an electrical connection under the seat with nothing plugged into it and also one in the tour pak. Any idea what these are for??

Thanks
The one under the seat is attached to the acc switch on the fairing cap, for things like heated seats and other accys. The one in the tour-pak is a cig lighter style plug for accys like your cell phone or MP3 charger.

Old 01-18-2010 | 02:52 PM
myglide
Tourer

I think Harley has a wiring harness they use on all the EG's. So the ones in the tour pack is probably for lights. Not sure under the seat, but probably the same thing. Maybe for heated vest, etc....

Old 01-19-2010 | 07:26 AM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Old 01-19-2010 | 09:15 AM
HalfFast
Road Warrior

Actually, there should be two under the seat. One should be a small white connector and it is connected directly to the battery. There is another one under the seat that is black or dark grey (Im color blind) and it is from your accessory switch. It is fused with a 15A fuse and can be used for anything such as fog lights, heated accessories, GPS units, etc. There should be a small connector which is attached to your battery cover and that one is for a battery tender. Not sure about the tour pak. I dont have a tour pak.

Old 01-19-2010 | 10:23 AM
vtxkc
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by HalfFast
Actually, there should be two under the seat. One should be a small white connector and it is connected directly to the battery. There is another one under the seat that is black or dark grey (Im color blind) and it is from your accessory switch. It is fused with a 15A fuse and can be used for anything such as fog lights, heated accessories, GPS units, etc. There should be a small connector which is attached to your battery cover and that one is for a battery tender. Not sure about the tour pak. I dont have a tour pak.
My bike wasn't prewired for a battery tender, although I put one on it. The connector I'm talking about is a 3 prong type connector. It sounds like it's wired to the accessory switch on the dash. The one in the tour PAK is a 3 prong type connector too, not a cigarette lighter plug. Could be the 3 wires are ground, running lights and brake light. I'm sure that one is probably for lights on the tour pak but I'm not sure.