Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Short man, kickstand feels too far away.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:38 AM
smurfsdad
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If I'm understanding that Johnnyiroc is saying, I don't think that the extension will do what he needs. The Extension makes it easier to find the jiffy stand when you "put it down", not to reach it when you want to put it back up. The extension, with jiffy stand down, points towards the front of the bike away from his foot.

The following users liked this post:
Maleja (05-26-2023)
Old 01-18-2010, 08:00 AM
chasswartz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I do is put the bike in gear and ease it forward until the kick stand moves back where I can reach it. You could have the seat modified to move you forward. Its a b#### having short legs.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:14 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

The stand extender, when properly installed, does exactly what he needs. I needed it for the same reason. I never worried about reaching to lift the kickstand again after this gadget was installed. Also, it's designed to fit perfectly, look good, and makes it easier to deploy the kickstand too.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:20 AM
smurfsdad
Tourer

Originally Posted by jberg
The stand extender, when properly installed, does exactly what he needs. I needed it for the same reason. I never worried about reaching to lift the kickstand again after this gadget was installed. Also, it's designed to fit perfectly, look good, and makes it easier to deploy the kickstand too.
If that's the case, my apologies.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:31 AM
TittiesOnTwo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wiggle up my tank to reach it

Old 01-18-2010, 09:41 AM
wolfman 66
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I use the extender also, works well for us inseam challenged.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:44 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jberg

Would you mind explaining this to a old feeble mind.
From the photo it looks as if it will do more harm than good. It puts it back toward the front wheel.
I had my seat redone and it's not that bad now. I would like to understand how it helps though.
Unless the extra length helps.

dd

Old 01-18-2010, 09:48 AM
wolfman 66
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know it looks like it is pointing the wrong way. But you have to try it to see how it helps. Buddy had one and let met sit on bike and try.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:24 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

It's a couple of inches off the ground compared to the original grab point. Much closer to your foot though it's hard to get that from the photo.
The odd looking shape allows it to fall into a perfect position when folded up too.
It fits perfectly into a gap along the frame and even makes it easier to deploy.
I had the same problem before putting this on. You have to reach so far with your toe to get the stand up that you fear losing your balance.
After putting this on I've never had that feeling again. I've never regretted it and a couple of my friends have added one after seeing mine. Jeff

Old 02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
smurfsdad
Tourer

Originally Posted by Johnnyiroc
On these baggers is there something to make the kick stand easier to reach, I can barely reach it sometimes to retract it.
Johnny, Did you ever do anything with your jiffy stand to make it easier to reach. I'd really like to hear what you did and if it worked out. I still can't understand how the jiffy stand extension would help and am interested in being corrected if need be. Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
Maleja (05-26-2023)

Quick Reply: Short man, kickstand feels too far away.