Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Real ROADKING: Ultra Limited, my first real ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010 | 10:52 PM
scarygt
|
Road Master

another of the rearend... I can't wait to get my painted fender fillers for the rear!

And one more of the front fender without bumper.

Old 01-17-2010 | 10:53 PM
hornhonker
Tourer

Local dealer here has one in your color. Boootiful !!

Old 01-17-2010 | 10:57 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Great lookin' ride. Congrats on a good decision to go with the Limited.

Old 01-18-2010 | 07:15 AM
tincup64
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by scarygt
When did you get her and what color is she?
flame blue and vivid black. got her end of oct. enough for the cold cold ride home and one weekend of fun befor setting her away for the winter. i really cant wait until the spring. a few mods this winter like the tour pac detach and a few basics.

going to wait and see about the heat before i put a couple grand down on true duals, mosnter ovals and the rest of stage 1. the cam discussions intrigue me also. just want to fend all that off before i actually ride for a while,

came from an 03 and it is an unbelievable difference.

tin

Old 01-18-2010 | 07:23 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Ralph, you're nuts! I wouldn't take my bike on a salted road. You can't get it clean enough to remove all that salt. I've seen vehicles literally disintegrate from being driven on salted roads. That's why there is nothing over 10 years old in Utah. And I just though everyone was rich. They just don't last that long in the salty environment. Nice bike!

Old 01-18-2010 | 07:44 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member

Good for you...

Old 01-18-2010 | 07:54 AM
ltdan
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tincup64
flame blue and vivid black. got her end of oct. enough for the cold cold ride home and one weekend of fun befor setting her away for the winter. i really cant wait until the spring. a few mods this winter like the tour pac detach and a few basics.

going to wait and see about the heat before i put a couple grand down on true duals, mosnter ovals and the rest of stage 1. the cam discussions intrigue me also. just want to fend all that off before i actually ride for a while,

came from an 03 and it is an unbelievable difference.

tin
I've got the blue over black version. Saturday I put the "power package" from Fuel Moto on. My last 3 harleys have had V&H true duals so I was hoping I didn't make a mistake. I didn't, the look and sound is freakin' fantastic. Nice low rumble, no raspy at all. The factory headpipe with the catalyzers is a be-atch for heat. Strap a few hot dogs on your right ankle and you can cook lunch at a red light.

I was checking into different options before purchasing, for not far over a grand I got the head pipe, mufflers, stage one AC and pre-programmed Power Commander V with free shipping and no tax. Yay for me.

Old 01-18-2010 | 08:53 AM
scarygt
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Ralph, you're nuts! I wouldn't take my bike on a salted road. You can't get it clean enough to remove all that salt. I've seen vehicles literally disintegrate from being driven on salted roads. That's why there is nothing over 10 years old in Utah. And I just though everyone was rich. They just don't last that long in the salty environment. Nice bike!
I'm not nuts... I'm a motorcycle enthusiast!

Old 01-21-2010 | 09:28 AM
MNHD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scarygt
One of the first mods I had done to her was to remove the ugly fender bumpers and to trade the stock tires for new dunlops without that little white stripe. I think it looks better; what do you think? Granted.. she isn't super clean, but she is good enough for tomorrows salt!

Exactly what I'm doin to mine when I get it.Then pipes, cams.....it never ends

Old 01-21-2010 | 09:58 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man

My bike is way better than yours.

Quick Reply: The Real ROADKING: Ultra Limited, my first real ride