Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wish me luck.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:41 AM
HamsGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on. I was Hams51 on SBN. Don't miss that crowd much. Too many idiots.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

On top off this I am going to drill sergeant school.
They’re going to teach you how to yell in a politically correct manor.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:08 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:17 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations, best of luck and most of all thank you for your service!!!! While I was doing consultant work at Fort Bliss the Sergeant Major Academy parking lot was full of sweet looking Harley's. I stopped and talked to one of the guys once and asked him why so many Harley's. He said by the time you make Sergeant Major you deserve one.

Last edited by strtarrow; 01-17-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by marsolais
So I dropped off the radar for awhile. I had to got my E-7 board file validated. Getting my first look at Sergeant First Class this year. This took forever. On top off this I am going to drill sergeant school. So needless to say I have been a little stressed. Memorizing the modules is a lot of fun. But I leave on Monday for the nine week course. Wish me luck.
Good Luck on Your promotion. You will do just fine. A lot of Us have been there and done it.Thank You for Your service, And make the most of Your Military Career. It will pay off later!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:29 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey marsolais good luck on your Promotion Board. I also go up for MSgt (E7) in the Air Guard this coming drill weekend. (23-24th)
Enjoy the drill field, Had I stayed in the USMC I would have done a tour on the Drill field for sure. It's a good place for promotion bullets later in the service.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:39 PM
smurfsdad
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Good luck. I've got a feeling that you'll do just fine. Thanks for your service to our country.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Tytanium
Cruiser

Probably don't need to say this as those who understand this rarely make it beyond E5 or E6.......

"Taking Care of Soldiers" means both positive recognition and, alternatively, a boot in the **** when needed. Good luck with your board.

The Round Brown still makes me shudder a little inside - even though at my current grade I have had E9s working for me. I feel compelled to check myself when I see a Drill to make sure I'm not all chewed up. The duty of Drill Sergeant is a symbol of perfection and commands major respect. Thanks for what you've been doing and are about to do.

Whats your duty location?

Old 01-17-2010, 01:09 PM
cap5369
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck and thank you for your service. I remember my first encounter with my drill sergeant and it was not a pleasant one. Be safe.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:43 PM
HamsGlide
Cruiser

Tytanium- absolutely agree. It's easy to get fully engulfed in backlogging paperwork on the dirtbag which is necessary to keep a record of their decline. However, the good troop needs to be recognized for his/her hard efforts, and the good paperwork must be pushed through to help him/her in their incline. Mustn't forget how one got to their high place....someone wrote up their package...

Quick Reply: Wish me luck.