Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front quarter pics of limited Merlot & cherry red?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010 | 05:59 PM
jpooch00
|
Elite HDF Member
Question front quarter pics of limited Merlot & cherry red?

I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a Merlot & Cherry red Limited and if I do, it'll be sight-unseen since it's still in the crate in the warehouse. The dealer is understandably not really excited about having it set up unless I'm committed to buying it since there's no room on the floor for it right now. He seems like a really good guy & I'm not gonna BS him and then back out if I don't like the look. I've been to the MOCO site and checked out the 360 spin view, but that's a blue & black one. I'm just not able to quite visualize what the merlot & red would look like.

Any frontal or front-quarter pics of one of these bikes would be sincerely appreciated. Or if anybody could post a link to some pics that would be great. I've been searching, but I've come up empty so far.

Many thanks,

John

Old 01-16-2010 | 06:04 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

How big a hurry are you in to make a decision? The reason I ask is that Pikes Peak HD has both of them on their showroom and its about a 1-1/5 hour drive from Boulder to the north end of Colorado Springs. I like both, but the Ultra has a greater percentage of Red on it than the Limited. I fell in love with this color but by being able to give a side-by-side comparision of both I decided that I liked the Ultra better.

By-the-way, say 'Hi' to my kid....he's a senior at CU.

Old 01-16-2010 | 06:20 PM
jpooch00
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Whiskers
How big a hurry are you in to make a decision? The reason I ask is that Pikes Peak HD has both of them on their showroom and its about a 1-1/5 hour drive from Boulder to the north end of Colorado Springs. I like both, but the Ultra has a greater percentage of Red on it than the Limited. I fell in love with this color but by being able to give a side-by-side comparision of both I decided that I liked the Ultra better.

By-the-way, say 'Hi' to my kid....he's a senior at CU.
Yeah, I'm thinking that I might feel the same way too. I've seen an Ultra in those colors locally & it's really beautiful. Might well go with that & save a few $$$'s too. I kind of prefer the lines of the Ultra paint scheme too. I was set to close a deal on it last week but got stuck at work & then had time to think about maybe springing for the limited if I really liked the way it looked.

Just thought I'd like to have a look at the limited in those colors before making a final decision. To me, other than solid red sunglow, the merlot & cherry are the only appealing colors this year.

Thanks for the input, I might sneak off down to the Springs early next week.

Old 01-16-2010 | 06:23 PM
Steelknee57
Road Captain

Use the search function on this site...

2010 FLHTK-ULTRA LIMITED/Merlot Sunglo&Candy Red Sunglow

Old 01-16-2010 | 06:29 PM
Estil
Road Master

I believe you can view the 2010 models on the HD site and change the colors on the models to any color that is offered on a particular model. I've looked at the limited this way, and the merlot / cherry is my favorite. But the red is beautiful too!

Old 01-16-2010 | 06:33 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Steelknee57

Don't do it.....It comes up with this!!!!

Old 01-16-2010 | 06:39 PM
mugsy19
Advanced

Wow...scary!!

Old 01-16-2010 | 06:43 PM
ENTERPRISE
Tourer

i wouldnt buy anything that came with that.

Old 01-16-2010 | 07:00 PM
jpooch00
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Steelknee57

I tried that & it came up with no matches. I did finally find a review that had a guy riding one in bright sunlight and there was a front quarter shot. I'm kinda liking the regular Ultra in these colors a little better now. The Limited would be REALLY stretching my budget anyway. I can just manage to pay cash for the Ultra. I'd have to finance some of the cost of the limited.

Plus, the review wasn't all that positive about the limited model compared to a regular Ultra.

Thanks for the help,

John

Last edited by jpooch00; 01-16-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-16-2010 | 07:07 PM
Steelknee57
Road Captain

I don't know how to attach a link on this site, but this bike is in the 'Motorcycles for Sale' section of this site.
There are several pictures of it.

Quick Reply: front quarter pics of limited Merlot & cherry red?