Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front quarter pics of limited Merlot & cherry red?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010 | 07:17 PM
pnwlimited
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jpooch00
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a Merlot & Cherry red Limited and if I do, it'll be sight-unseen since it's still in the crate in the warehouse. The dealer is understandably not really excited about having it set up unless I'm committed to buying it since there's no room on the floor for it right now. He seems like a really good guy & I'm not gonna BS him and then back out if I don't like the look. I've been to the MOCO site and checked out the 360 spin view, but that's a blue & black one. I'm just not able to quite visualize what the merlot & red would look like.

Any frontal or front-quarter pics of one of these bikes would be sincerely appreciated. Or if anybody could post a link to some pics that would be great. I've been searching, but I've come up empty so far.

Many thanks,

John
Here are a few I took Thursday when I brought her home and cleaned her up

Attached Thumbnails front quarter pics of limited Merlot & cherry red?-ruby-008.jpg   front quarter pics of limited Merlot & cherry red?-ruby-009.jpg   front quarter pics of limited Merlot & cherry red?-ruby-014.jpg  
Old 01-16-2010 | 07:20 PM
jpooch00
|
Elite HDF Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pnwlimited
Here are a few I took Thursday when I brought her home and cleaned her up
Thank you VERY much!! That first one was exactly what I was looking for!!

Beautiful bike, congrats. I know you're proud of her.

Best wishes and ride safe,

John

Old 01-16-2010 | 07:22 PM
pnwlimited
Cruiser

The pics do not do it justice, I seen a different bike in the sun and it was awsome, so I ordered mine.

Old 01-16-2010 | 07:23 PM
jpooch00
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by twodollarbill
Don't do it.....It comes up with this!!!!

Well hell! Doesn't matter what the bike looks like - now that I'm blind!!

Old 01-16-2010 | 08:06 PM
Chief40al
Road Captain

Originally Posted by leckmc
i believe you can view the 2010 models on the hd site and change the colors on the models to any color that is offered on a particular model. I've looked at the limited this way, and the merlot / cherry is my favorite. But the red is beautiful too!

ditto

Old 01-16-2010 | 09:34 PM
Harleyinnc
Cruiser

I think the Merlot Sunglo&Candy Red Sunglow is the best color option they have for the Limited. I've seen them all in person and like it best. The Limited does come with alot of options standard over the Ultra. Like heated grips, Luggage rack (which everyone puts on anyway) 103 engine, ABS, Chromed wheels, 12 volt accessory plug in the tour pak. So if those are things you'd be interested in having the limited would be worth the extra money.

Old 01-16-2010 | 10:44 PM
chance
Club Member

If you are going to add ABS and security to the Ultra (and I am not sure you are), then you might as well go with the Limited because the price delta between the two after that is reasonable considering the extras you will get with the Limited...103 engine, heated grips, oil cooler, chromed wheels, 12 volt accessory plug, tour pak rack, premium saddlebag and tour pak bags...

Old 01-17-2010 | 05:30 AM
jpooch00
|
Elite HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by chance
If you are going to add ABS and security to the Ultra (and I am not sure you are), then you might as well go with the Limited because the price delta between the two after that is reasonable considering the extras you will get with the Limited...103 engine, heated grips, oil cooler, chromed wheels, 12 volt accessory plug, tour pak rack, premium saddlebag and tour pak bags...
That's the thing - if I get an Ultra, I don't want any options on it at all. I don't really feel the need for any of that other stuff that comes on the Limited, but I was thinking that I might like the paint scheme a little better. After seeing the front-quarter shots, I think the regular Ultra is the bike for me. Much more realistically within my zone of comfort budget-wise too.

No disrespect intended to the guys who prefer the limited, but for me I just like the regular Ultra a little better.

Thank you all for the help and info, I really appreciate it.

Old 01-17-2010 | 09:23 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

There are a few I snapped several months ago at the dealer in this thread. Not the greatest pics as they were with my cell phone. But you get the idea.

Old 01-17-2010 | 10:09 AM
gsparesa
Tourer
Default Merlot/Cherry Sunglow needs sunlight

You need the sun's rays to see the spectrum of colors on this paint scheme. I bypassed the black and blue when I seen this color. The salesperson brought the bike out in the sun and the colors just exploded. I bought the bike. This is a pic of my bike in the sun. Admittedly, my photography skill need work.

Attached Thumbnails front quarter pics of limited Merlot & cherry red?-flhtk_inthesun_620x280.jpg  

Quick Reply: front quarter pics of limited Merlot & cherry red?