Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Krome 4" T-Rex Duals

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 12:52 PM
ncbeast
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Krome 4" T-Rex Duals

Does anyone have these on a 2008 model? I had HK Sideburners on my VTX and loved them. Yes they where loud but sounded great. Looks like HK is not making Harley exhaust anymore. I have found a set of new 4" T-Rex with a company that is clearencing them out at a good price because they are discontinued. Did a search and found some experiences with 2004-2007 but nothing for 2008. On the older ones people had some problems with the left passenger peg not being able to fold up without hitting the header and the floorboard hit the header on the right side. I have different passenger pegs so that might be OK and I am going to get the Kury brackets that move the boards out and up 1" so I could deal with that as well. Also have talked to FuelMoto and they have no experience with them but said it would not be a problem to build a map for them with the PC-V and A/C. My concern would be do these above problems or any other problems exist on the 2008 model. I have wrote HK an email to see if they would or could uphold the warentee since they are discontinued and have not heard back yet but that was just yesterday.

Please, anyone that has these on a 2008 please let me know how you like them and how they are holding up.

Thanks

Old 01-16-2010, 01:12 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

should be ok 2008 is basically same frame since 97 back peg no problems, just space the floorboard out 1 inch and your good to go. a company named smart parts makes a baffle to tame the sound a bit. worse case scenario ya might have to make a different bracket cause of the 6 speed tranny them pipes are on my sig pic

Last edited by leohd; 01-16-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:22 PM
ncbeast
Road Master

Thanks LEO,

Do you have a site for "smart parts"? Only thing I have found is a paintball gun place? Also did you have any issues with installation with the heat shield so close to the fins?

Old 01-16-2010, 01:27 PM
ncbeast
Road Master

Found the site but do not see anything for the 4" T-Rex, just the 3"?

Old 01-16-2010, 02:14 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Once popular back in the BountyHunter days they were CRAP. Cracking pipes and TERRIBLE customer service is all I remember.

Good luck. I'll try to remember the member that had one of these experiences and post if I can figure out who it was.

EDIT: DI75 was the members name that had the most trouble with Hard Khrome and their customer service...........or lack thereof.

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 01-16-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:51 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Ultra,quote from bounty "they are clampless" mine have never cracked no problems with fitment at all..IMO ya can't beat the looks, but they are frigg'n LOUD at WOT

Old 01-16-2010, 03:05 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ncbeast
Thanks LEO,

Do you have a site for "smart parts"? Only thing I have found is a paintball gun place? Also did you have any issues with installation with the heat shield so close to the fins?

smartpartz great company to deal with
http://www.smartpartz.com/

Old 01-16-2010, 03:16 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Guess I should have rephrased my comment since I've never owned a set. I'll try again with a bit of tact, Some people had trouble with the quality and customer service but there seemed to be others perfectly happy.

Crap may have been a little strong in my initial reply because heaven knows if they were truly "crap" YOU'D be the first to say so........LOL!!! <-----that was a compliment, btw.

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 01-16-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:12 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

my only complaint was that on long trips they were too loud but idling and local runs the loudness was Kool
IF IT"S TOO LOUD YOUR TOO OLD

Last edited by leohd; 01-16-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:32 PM
NoKenDo
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
BountyHunter
Now there's a blast from the past.

Daytona Glide as I recall.

Quick Reply: Hard Krome 4" T-Rex Duals