Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing E3's and Dyna Beads

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 10:38 AM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Installing E3's and Dyna Beads

I am in the process of installing new tires on my 08 UC. I am doing my own tire work this time. Harbor Frieght had the tire changer with bead breaker and M/C attachment on sale for 49.99 for each piece and then 20% off. I got both parts for 80.00 plus tax. I got the plastic wheel protectors for another 10.00 so for 100.00 otd, I am up and running. I dismounted both tires yesterday (it was super easy). I actually remounted one to see how that went and it was simple. (don't have my new tires yet) I am going to use Dyna beads for balance. I hope the beads work like everyone on here says. Time will tell

Old 01-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jsimo7
I am in the process of installing new tires on my 08 UC. I am doing my own tire work this time. Harbor Frieght had the tire changer with bead breaker and M/C attachment on sale for 49.99 for each piece and then 20% off. I got both parts for 80.00 plus tax. I got the plastic wheel protectors for another 10.00 so for 100.00 otd, I am up and running. I dismounted both tires yesterday (it was super easy). I actually remounted one to see how that went and it was simple. (don't have my new tires yet) I am going to use Dyna beads for balance. I hope the beads work like everyone on here says. Time will tell
Please give us feedback on what you think of the beads.

I ran them for a season and I am not totally convinced that they did their job. Maybe? I'll put it this way, when I got the next bike I didn't bother with the beads.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:46 AM
meanderer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put them in my fatboy yesterday and went for a quick spin. I was doing 90 and didn't realize it. Others have said it is as smooth as glass and if the road conditions are great I could see it. I will say that it got rid of the imbalance vibrations I was getting in the front end. They are worth every penny imo.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:48 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

I have read nuthin but good things about those beads so you should be fine might do a search, there was some info on making it a little ezer to put in. Great price on mount tools is that a currant sale? Where did you get E-3s and how much?..Thanks and good luck!!! This is my next project!!...

Old 01-16-2010, 11:23 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I had Cycle Gear install my rear tire for 20 bux, afterwards I install 2 oz of Dyna Beads and it rides smooth as silk. I'm going to have them install my front tire before my Daytona trip next month and I will put the Dyna Beads in it also.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:58 AM
jsimo7
Road Master

Originally Posted by riteway
Great price on mount tools is that a currant sale?
Yes it was a instore sale at Akron Oh location.

Where did you get E-3s and how much?..Thanks and good luck!!! This is my next project!!...
Jake Wilson 208.00 inc shipping for both. The Dyna beads were 15.00 extra .. enough for both tires

Old 01-16-2010, 12:03 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Good luck. Please let us know how you make out with the tire changer. I have been hearing that the Elite 3's are tough to change using the cheaper tire changers and some have given up and brought the rim and tire in to an indy. That's what has been holding me up on buying the HF tire changer because of the Elite 3's

Old 01-16-2010, 12:17 PM
jsimo7
Road Master

Originally Posted by dawg
Good luck. Please let us know how you make out with the tire changer. I have been hearing that the Elite 3's are tough to change using the cheaper tire changers and some have given up and brought the rim and tire in to an indy. That's what has been holding me up on buying the HF tire changer because of the Elite 3's
I just ordered the tires today so I will know next weekend. I dismounted and remounted (just to try mounting) the stock tires and it was a piece of cake. I hope the E3's don't give me any problems. It is nice to have the changer in my garage and much easier to clean and polish the wheels without the tires being mounted.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Manfire
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsimo7
I just ordered the tires today so I will know next weekend. I dismounted and remounted (just to try mounting) the stock tires and it was a piece of cake. I hope the E3's don't give me any problems. It is nice to have the changer in my garage and much easier to clean and polish the wheels without the tires being mounted.
Last summer I installed E3's on my 08 UC with dyna beads. They were definitely a challenge to mount by HAND compared to ME880's. I used all of my best cuss words , but believe me they were worth every ounce of sweat. You'll love them.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Using the "by hand" tire tools about wore me out mounting an E3.
They do have some real heavy sidewalls (thus the highly rated load capacity).

Quick Reply: Installing E3's and Dyna Beads