Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Mustang or Mean City Conversion?
Mustang
31.82%
Mean City Cycle Conversion
68.18%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Mustang Seat VS Mean City Cycle Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,101 Likes on 3,649 Posts

Not every seat is for everybody... I am sure that MCC has faultered here and there on some seats but seems to be on the point with customer service...I wouldn't send my Mustang seat because i feel it is a very good quality seat (not the regal) i have the touring...I would send MCC my stock seat as it sucks the big one as far as comfort and you can get one for next to nothing on Ebay. It looks like the people that had issues with MCC didn't bother letting them fix it but they also didn't come on this tread and bash them either...they were polite about it.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

I can't give any input on the Mustang because I've never had one, BUT, I did send my stock POS 09 ultra seat to MCC and it came back a totally different seat. Double foam on my part and single foam on the passenger seat. Excellent customer service and the workmanship was great.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Sadist112
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadX
Really? Did you call us? We stand behind our work 100% and if there was a problem with the seat we will do whatever it takes to correct the issue. The number is toll free 866-550-7328
When I sent my seat out, I think the guys at MCC did a great job, quality wise that is. However, my main concern was sitting approx 1" back in the saddle. And that was not what I got when I put the seat back on. I could have sent the seat back, I am sure of that, I was just feed up with paying money for a seats that just didn't fit right, so i opted to bag the whole thing and buy a C&C. I believe the team at MCC are great guys and will definitely stand by their work based on my numerous conversations with them.

In my opinion, if you haven't purchased a mustang seat and your main concern is to lower yourself and push yourself back over the stock seat then do not purchase a mustang.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:12 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had MCC do my stock seat...superb.

However, the real test of seat transformation was when I sent Allen my HD Badlander. Anyone that knows the Badlander knows it may look great stock...but has all of the comfort of sitting on the pan itself. Saying it is a 50 mile seat would be a bit of a stretch.

Got the badlander back and went on a 350 mile ride...never felt better.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:25 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

There are hundreds of seat discussions on this forum and I have to agree that it really comes down to the service of the company you buy from. We are all different and you won't know if the seat is right until you try it out. I was ready to buy a C&C seat when I bought my SG because I read so many complaints about the stock seat. But after 5000 miles and a few 400 mile rides, I really like the stock seat. Its almost perfect for me. You need to buy from a company that will tune your seat.

Beary

Old 01-15-2010, 08:51 AM
harleybill2008
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BadX
Really? Did you call us? We stand behind our work 100% and if there was a problem with the seat we will do whatever it takes to correct the issue. The number is toll free 866-550-7328
Yea, what he said. I am sure they would support any problems but they can only fix what they get informed about. Now I do understand that if you had to pay shipping both ways again, you might be less inclined to send the seat back which could be why more are not sent back? Does a problem with a seat from MCC get it's freight paid for by MCC? Very interesting question. If MCC was responsible, they would more than likely get it right the first time (if this is coming down to workmanship). If it doesn't feel that much different, well not much you can do about that as you can only do so much with the type of seat and what you ask for. Just my thoughts.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:07 AM
WZ4I
Cruiser

Finally got to take the Street Glide out for a ride after the seat mod by Mean City Cycles. Had the Double Decker memory foam installed (Allen's suggestion), and he moved me back about 1 inch (my suggestion). What a difference! So far, I love it. Before the mod, after about 50 miles, a few hot spots would develop. Not now! I tried the Mustang Touring Seat, but it moved me forward at least 2 inches, and I did not like the new look. Now I need to get the wife's Heritage seat down there to get them to work their magic.

Last edited by WZ4I; 02-21-2010 at 07:20 AM.