Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diamond heads

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:45 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Diamond heads

hey guys, just need to vent about my experience with DIAMOND HEADS. So, i had my heads and cylinders powdercoated before I sent them out to diamond heads to have their show cut done to them. I sent the heads and cylinders out to nevada to diamond heads on december 23rd after being repeatedly told by diamond heads that their turn around time is extremely fast. They told me "from the day it hits our door it will be back on its way to you within 5 days". Well anyway, January 8th rolls around, and I still have not been contacted for payment. I instructed them to call me for payment instead of sending them back COD, because I was having them send the parts directly to Hillside Cycles, because they are doing the motor work for me. So, I call diamond heads and ask them what is goin on. My parts should have been cut and been shipped back out by now. They tell me "we still havent received them" WOW...17 days and you still havent received them? "nope, how did you send them?" USPS insured.."Oh, that was a mistake, I have seen the postal service take 2 months to get parts here." Now i'm worried, so I go to the post office and ask them about it. their policy is that they have to wait 30 days before a claim can be filed, so I call diamond heads back yesterday, just to make sure they didnt receive them and they tell me NO. So today, on day 23 since I shipped them out, I get someone from the post office to make some calls and track them. GUESS WHAT! diamond heads signed for the package on 12/31/2009. So even if they didnt touch the parts till after the weekend, the parts should have been shipped back out by janury 8th. As of the 14th, they are still telling me they didnt get them. So after spending some time on the phone with a woman from Diamond heads that seemed very unconcerned about this issue, she figures out that the parts were put under another name, and they are sitting their ready to be shipped and I was going to be contacted today for payment. BULLSH*T I SAY!! So I ask why it took so long, how did my parts get placed under another name, who were they going to call for payment if they werent even under the right name, and suddenly nobody has any answer for me. GREAT BUSINESS PRACTICE THEY HAVE! and now as of 145pm, I STILL HAVENT BEEN CONTACTED BY "THEIR BILLING DEPARTMENT" FOR PAYMENT...LOL..never again...anyway, sorry guys..had to vent

Old 01-14-2010, 01:22 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I have no plans on having my stuff diamond cut but even if I did, THEY would not be the ones to do it now.

Pathetic. Thanks for the posting. Don't worry, you may not be able to get to them to choke them but the economy will catch up to them. Trust me.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:29 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen their ads and liked their work, but this example of customer service just convinced me not to let them anywhere near my stuff...

Thanks for the warning!

Old 01-14-2010, 01:50 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

A friend and I bought 2 AIH Texas Choppers several years ago. He had his fins diamond cut by Diamond Heads, using CNC machines, I have mine done by a guy who did it by hand. Yes, you read it right, by hand with a chisel.
I won't tell you who did it because of litigation issues with Diamond Heads.
Let me tell you one thing, the result was like night and day. My diamond cut was deep and sparkling, his was shallow and dull.
We also had the cylinders powdercoated and Diamond Heads forgot to polish the raised letters on the jugs (S&S Supersidewinder blah blah blah), mine did it at no additional cost.
The guy who did mine was fighting in Court with Diamond Heads on a regular basis because they claimed he infringed on their patent. I don't know if he's still in business or not but if he's not, it's a shame cause the result looked much better than what Diamond Heads could deliver.
One issue with my guy though, he was slooooow. Took 5 weeks vs. 2 weeks for Diamond Heads but overall, between the price and the result, it was well worth the additional wait.
When our 2 bikes were parked side by side, mine was putting his to shame, honestly.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master
Default The saga continues

So..it gets better. I never received a call for payment, so at 6pm NJ time, I call back and speak to a man, who apparently owns the business. I ask him how come I never got a call and he tells me to tell him the story of what happened and what the confusion was. So I tell him everything, and all of a sudden, he cops a MAJOR attitiude with me, and begins to tell me that I am the one who "dropped the ball". His reason for me dropping the ball...apparently I should have know that they put my order under "HILLSIDE" since that is where they were being shipped to...Why would I think that they would be under my name just because the return shipping address on the box was MY NAME, the note that I placed in the box instructing them to call me for payment had MY NAME on it, and the packing slip had MY NAME on it. So according to this man, this whole thing is my fault. Then I ask why did it take so long to get done when I was quoted 5 days the day I shipped them out. He tells me that maybe they suddenly got busy and that "a quoted time means nothing".
So needless to say, I am very disappointed with the way i am being treated by this business, so I tell him that i am going to post on the forums that I am part of what my experience was with his company, wellllll, He lost it on me, and began to scream and curse at me through the phone and then screams...Use our name on those forums and I'll sue ya for it"...I calmly answered back "freedom of speech". Then, he really lost it so bad, all I could make out was a whole bunch of MotherF*ckers and F*ck yous and then he hung up on me. I call back, because I need to pay for these parts so the get sent to Hillside and he dosent answer, he has his daughter get on the phone and tell me that he refuses to send the stuff to hillside for me, and that it will be sent out COD back to my home, and I can take care of the rest myself.
So now, i am going to lose another week in transit time and have to pay shipping from them to my house then shipping from me to hillside. THIS COMPANY IS NOT...I REPEAT NOT RECOMMENDED!! I will never use them again!

Old 01-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
A friend and I bought 2 AIH Texas Choppers several years ago. He had his fins diamond cut by Diamond Heads, using CNC machines, I have mine done by a guy who did it by hand. Yes, you read it right, by hand with a chisel.
I won't tell you who did it because of litigation issues with Diamond Heads.
Let me tell you one thing, the result was like night and day. My diamond cut was deep and sparkling, his was shallow and dull.
We also had the cylinders powdercoated and Diamond Heads forgot to polish the raised letters on the jugs (S&S Supersidewinder blah blah blah), mine did it at no additional cost.
The guy who did mine was fighting in Court with Diamond Heads on a regular basis because they claimed he infringed on their patent. I don't know if he's still in business or not but if he's not, it's a shame cause the result looked much better than what Diamond Heads could deliver.
One issue with my guy though, he was slooooow. Took 5 weeks vs. 2 weeks for Diamond Heads but overall, between the price and the result, it was well worth the additional wait.
When our 2 bikes were parked side by side, mine was putting his to shame, honestly.
I know exactly who you are talking about and THE BEST WORK! Diamond Heads can kiss my lilly white ***. I would NEVER EVER send them anything PERIOD.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:33 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master

I wish I knew this 24 days ago..LOL

Old 01-14-2010, 07:37 PM
ENTERPRISE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is just to bad.there is no reason for a buisness to act like that.if he had just said they made a mistake and took care of the problem what more could you ask for.but no,he did not want to take responsibility for the mistake.this will catch up with him and his buisness will suffer for it

Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
rmc115
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I just did my fatboy without any issue, they took about 3 weeks without shipping. Some people can't deal with anything outside their norm. The pay/ship issue required someone to stay on top of things. I took my parts to my harley dealer and they shipped them for free! Mike

Old 01-14-2010, 10:33 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow, Ive dealt with Diamond Heads through 2 dealerships and personally to the tune of about 100 sets of heads and cylinders and never had a problem.

Quick Reply: Diamond heads