Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got bike from dyno

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 12:39 PM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

IMHO it looks like too much cam with what you have there.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:20 PM
eglide677
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

streetgliderick,

I recently bumped my 09 FLHT to 103, 211 cams 10.5 se forged pistons , stock heads, 2/1 TH and PCV. Local dealer did inital dyno tune. Was pleased as punch with the power gain on the ride home. Way better than stock. After riding it a while felt like there was a flat spot in the area where it should have ran stongest. Made a 75 mile run to RC Cycle in Hayward and gained 10 HP and 14 TQ with just a tune. I know they are just numbers, and you don't ride the dyno sheet, but the throttle response and smile factor were very noticeable on the ride home back to the valley. I hated shelling out $395 for another tune, but I'm happy with the end result. I posted the sheet in the Dyno section.

Last edited by eglide677; 01-14-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Stroken
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda in the same situation myself with my build and tune I am having done.
The tuner has you by the *****!! I asked around about tuners in my area and no one really knew of any so I took it to the stealer and they told me they had their 20yr of exp on building and tuning harleys on it.
My numbers are ok but it should have got a bit more

Old 01-14-2010, 05:55 PM
ThaGlyde
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a build going right now. A SE 95' kit with rinehart TD and s&s 510g cams and SE A/C and i bought another power commander from the guys over at fuel moto with my specs and im waiting to get it back. I wonder how close they can come to a tuner on a fresh build. Jamie, i really put my trust in you this time based on all the good things i hear about fuel moto, on and off this forum.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

I hear Bozzie dose good work, maybe you should have had the SE Heads cleaned up befor the install, and you could use a little more work on the air fuel ratio. One thing you didn't say how many miles are on the bike, or if you put any brake in miles on the new build befor the dyno run. Do you have a carb, or EFI, what year is the bike? ? IMO the 259 may work brtter in a 110 or a 113 engine, that being said, go out and ride the rest 2010 it all may come together with some miles on it. Keep the paint side up.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Rick

I mean absolutely no disrespect and I think your build, if it was put together with attention, is not being truly represented in that dyno sheet. I HONESTLY think your TUNE is the problem. Not pipes, not heads, but the tune. I would really pay attention to who, how, and where you're getting it tuned. I would either seek someone else's dyno or another person at the particular place where you had yours done.

I'd be curious to know if he had to tune out the performance for one reason or another and instead threw fuel at it.

Again, I think your TUNE is way off.

My $0.02
utra iam dumb founded with the numbers. but i will say this the bike jams the torque is unbelivable thats what confuses me with the numbers. and they also said these cams are a new design for efi harleys. so what iam going to do is ride it for awhile and see what happens i put 500 miles on it and then had the dyno. the tuner said if there are any problems that he can tweek it some more. i will keep u posted cuz this is not what i expected as far as numbers go. in fact i was a little imbarresd to post but i wanted to hear your input as well as the others.
thanks
Rick

Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by eglide677
streetgliderick,

I recently bumped my 09 FLHT to 103, 211 cams 10.5 se forged pistons , stock heads, 2/1 TH and PCV. Local dealer did inital dyno tune. Was pleased as punch with the power gain on the ride home. Way better than stock. After riding it a while felt like there was a flat spot in the area where it should have ran stongest. Made a 75 mile run to RC Cycle in Hayward and gained 10 HP and 14 TQ with just a tune. I know they are just numbers, and you don't ride the dyno sheet, but the throttle response and smile factor were very noticeable on the ride home back to the valley. I hated shelling out $395 for another tune, but I'm happy with the end result. I posted the sheet in the Dyno section.

eglide i had the dyno a bozzies customs in stockton calif. hes very well known. i went and talk to him befor i had the dyno done. cuz it was very important to me that it was done rightand befor doing anything i came here for everyones input with that being said i did some reserch i asked alot of questions. so when i drop the bike off bozzie didnt do the dyno this young kid did it as a matter of fact this kids brother owns dream rides in stockton. i had 08 roadglide took it to dream rides they dyno it 3 times and it ran like **** so i said f&*$ and i never went back. i traded the rodie for this 09 fhlx i have now. i may go back and ask bozzie to do it again but i want him to do it. iam very upset at this point. i think theres higher numbers i just need someone who knows what there doing. BTW rc cycles recommened the 259e cams .
thanks
rick

Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

As I've stated in the past, your bike is sweet looking and there is NOTHING wrong with the components you selected IMO. The 259e cams, with forged pistons, your compression ratio, I'd expect the power to come on later, but hard and hold out till 5k, probably exactly what you feel. You should really get some facial exercises in with all the smiling. I agree, ride it and let the newness of the build soak in. Then I'd see about getting the tune tweaked to near perfection because that build should rip your arms off IMO.

Enjoy it and be satisfied with your new found chase...............that being POWER. It only gets worse....LOL!!

Last question, are your forged pistons a little noisy until they warm up?

Old 01-14-2010, 09:17 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by OldPhat
I hear Bozzie dose good work, maybe you should have had the SE Heads cleaned up befor the install, and you could use a little more work on the air fuel ratio. One thing you didn't say how many miles are on the bike, or if you put any brake in miles on the new build befor the dyno run. Do you have a carb, or EFI, what year is the bike? ? IMO the 259 may work brtter in a 110 or a 113 engine, that being said, go out and ride the rest 2010 it all may come together with some miles on it. Keep the paint side up.

oldphat,

bozzie does great work but he didnt dyno it this kid did iam not sure if u heard of dream rides in stockton. but the kid who dyno my bike is his brother i found this out after the fact. i was gonna go to RC cycles in hayward but i didnt wanna go that far and i thought bozzie was just as good if not better. this guy builds drag bikes he holds the record for 2009 in bonneville. had i known this kid was doing it i would asked bozzie to do it instead. i put 500 miles on the break in befor i took it to him. my bike is a 2009 streetglide. but i must say the bike is fast on asphalt but the graph says it isnt. iam dumb founded i feel i wasted $375.00 i have heard nothing but good about this guy. it seems this kinda **** happens to me so at this time iam goin to take it back to bozzie and have it redone. if that dont work RC cyles here we come. thanks for your input.
Rick

Old 01-14-2010, 09:20 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
As I've stated in the past, your bike is sweet looking and there is NOTHING wrong with the components you selected IMO. The 259e cams, with forged pistons, your compression ratio, I'd expect the power to come on later, but hard and hold out till 5k, probably exactly what you feel. You should really get some facial exercises in with all the smiling. I agree, ride it and let the newness of the build soak in. Then I'd see about getting the tune tweaked to near perfection because that build should rip your arms off IMO.

Enjoy it and be satisfied with your new found chase...............that being POWER. It only gets worse....LOL!!

Last question, are your forged pistons a little noisy until they warm up?
yes they are and it fads alittle but its still there hey thanks for your input.

Quick Reply: Got bike from dyno