Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got bike from dyno

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 02:21 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I have been looking forward to your posting of your dyno results. This is close to a 103 stage III build, and probably what I will be doing in about a year. I was expecting numbers a little higher than that. Interesting that the duals would take away 8 to 10 percent. Did you port the heads? If not, that would probably be the next place to look.

That looks like it would be all kinds of fun. Nice strong mid-range and doesn't drop off too soon. There should be a little more to unlock.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:37 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Oh, and I didn't mind the red all that much.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by streetgliderick
WELL JUST GOT MY BIKE BACK FROM A DYNO TODAY NUMBERS ARNT GREAT BUT THE PERFORMANCE IS MORE THAN WHAT I EXPECTED. IAM VERY PLEASED WITH THE JOB THEY DID. IAM RUNNING THUNDERHEADER TRUEDUALS AND I WAS TOLD IF I INSTALL A 2 INTO 1 THE NUMBERS WOULD GO UP BUT I LIKE WHAT I HAVE AND IAM GOING TO LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS. SO CHECK IT OUT AND GIMMIE YOUR OPINIONS. ULTRA U ALSO GIMMIE YOUR INPUT PLEASE.
THANKS TO ALL AND EVERYONES HELP HERE IAM GALD IAM A PART OF THIS FORUM. LATER
SORRY I TOOK 2 PICS CUZ I WASNT SURE IF ANYONE CAN READ THEM
Rick there's no doubt you've gained over stock but the combo just doesn't seem right, I'm not trying to pick apart your build but the thunderheader has a big tq dip between 2500 and 3000, this is where you spend alot of time riding, the pipes are well known for this, a 2 n1 would help some but don't know how much, not a real big fan of those, I like BUB 7's or Rineharts myself, also look at the afr line where the tq dips are, the line also dips in that area which he may have had to so he could try and pull some dip out of the pipe, you would have also gained from a good stage1 port job but I know some budgets are tight as well to which I know rhe feeling on this, also the dyno is printed in STD which will give a little more hp & tq than SAE, like I said not tearing apart the build just making some observations of some things that might help, good luck.
The red didn't bother me like it did the other caller. LOL

Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Rick there's no doubt you've gained over stock but the combo just doesn't seem right, I'm not trying to pick apart your build but the thunderheader has a big tq dip between 2500 and 3000, this is where you spend alot of time riding, the pipes are well known for this, a 2 n1 would help some but don't know how much, not a real big fan of those, I like BUB 7's or Rineharts myself, also look at the afr line where the tq dips are, the line also dips in that area which he may have had to so he could try and pull some dip out of the pipe, you would have also gained from a good stage1 port job but I know some budgets are tight as well to which I know rhe feeling on this, also the dyno is printed in STD which will give a little more hp & tq than SAE, like I said not tearing apart the build just making some observations of some things that might help, good luck.
The red didn't bother me like it did the other caller. LOL

tn heritige no i dont think your tearing nothing up i want your opinions thats why i posted. i did screamin heads cuz the wrench wanted almost $1000.00 to port.i kinda thought this was going to happen with this build i had rineharts on it and i took them off which now i think i should have left them on. any more advise would be nice and i guess i still need to serch further to get what i need. also i read on this forum that the sae dyno graph is the one that says it all not the std what do know about this. thanks in advance.
Rick

Last edited by roadgliderick; 01-14-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey, come on now. Capital letters for an entire paragraph is just rude. It's yelling, period.

As far as the red thing goes,...?...

Man-o-man do some of you guys take things a little too seriously! Must be the late night group!

Well, at least the original font was nice and cute!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:11 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I have been looking forward to your posting of your dyno results. This is close to a 103 stage III build, and probably what I will be doing in about a year. I was expecting numbers a little higher than that. Interesting that the duals would take away 8 to 10 percent. Did you port the heads? If not, that would probably be the next place to look.

That looks like it would be all kinds of fun. Nice strong mid-range and doesn't drop off too soon. There should be a little more to unlock.
boogaloodude u mention porting the heads but that was my reason for buying screamin heads. do i still need to port the heads to gain more. yea now that i think about it iam a little disappointed with the numbers but i wasnt really serching for numbers at first just performance. which i think i got. but now everyone that has posted thinks there is more. which i did ask for opinions. and i thank u guys for that do you think the tuner can get more if i take it back. cuz i do smell gas and i know its on the rich side maybe to much. it is loading up a little while at stop lights. thanks for your input. any others would be greatly appreciated so i can get this handled. thanks in advance.
Rick

Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Rick

I mean absolutely no disrespect and I think your build, if it was put together with attention, is not being truly represented in that dyno sheet. I HONESTLY think your TUNE is the problem. Not pipes, not heads, but the tune. I would really pay attention to who, how, and where you're getting it tuned. I would either seek someone else's dyno or another person at the particular place where you had yours done.

I'd be curious to know if he had to tune out the performance for one reason or another and instead threw fuel at it.

Again, I think your TUNE is way off.

My $0.02

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 01-14-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:16 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ultra is prob right. Did you get it tuned at the dealership? I had mine tuned at the dealer and it took them less than 45 min. I've read all over the place where decent tunes take anywhere from 2-4 hrs.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:18 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Personally, I think these runs look like the motor was not up to temp when they made them.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-14-2010, 12:21 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

StreetGlideRick,

Where are you located at?

Quick Reply: Got bike from dyno