Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006 | 05:01 PM
FATBAGGER
|
5th Gear
Default new tires

its about tme for new tires, any suggestions?

Old 07-19-2006 | 05:03 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Default RE: new tires

Avon Venom. Better grip than stock IMO.

Old 07-19-2006 | 05:07 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Venoms are a softer compound and you won't get the mileage. They are a good dry weather tire, not too good in rain. Avon Roadrunners are better mileage and better in the rain. The New Dunlop Elite III's are supposed to be really good and they don't have the corrigated sidewall.

I run Roadrunners now, when it comes time to change again, I'll go Elite III's.

Old 07-19-2006 | 05:26 PM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah, Make sure you get the one's that hold air Just kidding[sm=happybounce.gif] I use the Stock Dunlops just becuse I have Wide Whites and I don't care for the look of the white walls on any other brands.

Old 07-19-2006 | 06:05 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master

I always run the Dunlops.......know guys that like the Avons and Metzlers. Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse has good pricing and service on the Dunlops....I can vouch for them personally.

Old 07-19-2006 | 06:38 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member

I use the Stock Dunlops just becuse I have Wide Whites and I don't care for the look of the white walls on any other brands.
Not to hijack the thread but I put a Metzler ME880 on the rear of my RK a few K's miles ago and I swear it won't brighten up like the stock Dunlop on the front. Rear is mostly covered by the bags but I know the difference and it's pissing me off. Whitewall on the Metzler has a dirty yellow tint to it. Don't tell me how to clean it. My process is to spray with Wesley's, scrub with a Brillo pad and follow up with a Mr Clean magic eraser. It works on the Dunlop.

Old 07-19-2006 | 06:41 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

I run stock Dunlop's. Best price I have found is American Motorcycle Tire.

Regards,

Bill

Old 07-19-2006 | 06:48 PM
jackj
Banned

Stick with what came on it.
ORIGINAL: Mr Wonderful

I always run the Dunlops.......know guys that like the Avons and Metzlers. Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse has good pricing and service on the Dunlops....I can vouch for them personally.

Old 07-19-2006 | 08:08 PM
Sol
Tourer

I put on a set of Metzeler ME880s recently to replace the OEM Police run-flats. In what little bit of rain has hit here, they seem to do better than the Dunlops. The ME880s are much better on grooved pavement - my buttcheeks would clench a crease on the seat riding across grooves on the Dunlops. Haven't had the ME880s long enough tell about treadwear...

Old 07-19-2006 | 08:48 PM
rwagon57
Tourer

I ran Avon Venom Xs on my FLHS. About 8 to 10K on the rear, almost double on the front for mileage. They don't track as much on rain grooves as Brand D in my opinion, and I feel that they do very well in the wet. August 2005 Albuquerque, NM to Wisconsin Dells and back two up, 3000+ miles in 10 days, torrential rain every day on the road including hail, two-lane secondary roads to interstates, with no hydroplaning, slipping, or drama.

Quick Reply: new tires