Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broke down and bought some heated gloves

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 06:09 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Broke down and bought some heated gloves

It was about 40 here today and I took a ride to the nearest city, about 35 miles away. Friggin hands were frozen. Went to the closest HD shop and bought a pair of their HD heated gloves and they are awesome. By the time I got home it was 35 and I could have kept on cruising. When I got home I looked through the information booklet and you can also get pant liners, jacket liners and vest liners but nothing for the feet, which would have been my next investment. I paid $180.00 but they have a lifetime warranty. Had them install the battery connection for another $11.00 and change. They did give me a HOG discount and I am sure I could have gotten a better deal elsewhere but I am an impulse buyer. By far some of the best money I have spent. 70 to 85 MPH on the way home and hands were toasty. Sure wish I would have done this a lot sooner.....

Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Shoulda bought from Gloves Guys.com, great winter gloves for around 30 bucks. $180 is crazy, especially at 40 degrees. Don't get mad, JMHO.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:06 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Always a better deal out there....but is it worth FREEZEN to get it!!!!..... Glad you are Happy with purchase.... Live and Learn!!!!!
Food for thought..A windshield or better yet a fairing will help also....

Old 01-12-2010, 03:01 AM
strtarrow
Banned

Thanks and I've got a windshield, just use it in cold weather and on trips. That is what I love about the RK is the versatility. Dress it up or dress it down. Back to the heated gear I have been reading all the posts on here for some time and if I had my druthers I would have gone with Gerbing but feel pretty good about the purchase other than the fact that they (HD gear) do not offer anything for the foot.... Guess I will have to find out what the Ol' lady did with my pull up HD boots as my side zips let in quite a bit of cold air, or wear some of my heavy duty hunting boots in cold weather. Which leads me to another new thread.....

Old 01-12-2010, 03:08 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Did you check out

the new battery powered gloves from Harley? No wires, just rechargeable batteries that fit into the top of the glove.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:13 AM
Spartacus55
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default feet

hey strtarow gerbing sells heated insoles a couple of my budies have them and they tell me they are as good a tne gloves try gerbing.com

Old 01-12-2010, 03:47 AM
strtarrow
Banned

Originally Posted by Spartacus55
hey strtarow gerbing sells heated insoles a couple of my budies have them and they tell me they are as good a tne gloves try gerbing.com
Thanks and like I stated I have been researching this for quite a while, just happened to be in the need. I would be curious if any other manufacturers products are compatible. Perhaps I will contact Gerbing, confess my sin and see if their gear is compatible.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:50 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gerbring makes the heated gloves for HD...

Old 01-12-2010, 05:15 AM
jward
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Thanks and like I stated I have been researching this for quite a while, just happened to be in the need. I would be curious if any other manufacturers products are compatible. Perhaps I will contact Gerbing, confess my sin and see if their gear is compatible.
Gerbings makes the Harley heated stuff...fully compatable....and if your Harley dealer gives you any static on return or repair, call them and they make it well...

Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 AM
strtarrow
Banned

Originally Posted by jward
Gerbings makes the Harley heated stuff...fully compatable....and if your Harley dealer gives you any static on return or repair, call them and they make it well...
Have been reading this but are U daying thr Gerbing gear is compatible with the HD gear or are they pne in the same?

Quick Reply: Broke down and bought some heated gloves