Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broke down and bought some heated gloves

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:07 AM
jward
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

minor cosmetic differences only....

Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

Originally Posted by gunner11
Shoulda bought from Gloves Guys.com, great winter gloves for around 30 bucks. $180 is crazy, especially at 40 degrees. Don't get mad, JMHO.
I looked there for heated gloves but they don't sell any....

Old 01-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Gman01904
Novice

I never had heated gloves but invested in the HD heated grips and the Gerbings heated vest. Along with the windshield its comfortable riding at 40. "Its all good"

Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that the HD heated gloves were made by Gerbing. After starting another thread about how the soles of my last HD boots are wearing fast someone suggested they may be made in China. Checked the label and sho the fruk does say made in China. So as I can not find Gerbing anywhere on the gloves I bought nor the documentation, the label says MADE IN CHINA!!!!!! Guess I will call Gerbing now.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that the HD heated gloves were made by Gerbing. After starting another thread about how the soles of my last HD boots are wearing fast someone suggested they may be made in China. Checked the label and sho the fruk does say made in China. So as I can not find Gerbing anywhere on the gloves I bought nor the documentation, the label says MADE IN CHINA!!!!!! Guess I will call Gerbing now.
The HD dealer tells me that all of the HD stuff is made by Gerbing. I just went and looked at Gerbing T5 Gloves today and it says, Designed in USA & Europe - Made in Pakistan.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:55 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I called Gerbing and they said made in China. May Bill Clinton rot in hell and take NAFTA with him!!!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
vheflin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Heated insoles...

I think someone else mentioned these also. Might be worth a shot. I bought some heated socks a few years back from the local BMW dealer and have been very happy with them. As long as the fingers and toes stay warm I can ride all day at around 25-30 degrees outside.

http://www.gerbing.com/Products/insoles.html

Old 01-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I called Gerbing and they said made in China. May Bill Clinton rot in hell and take NAFTA with him!!!!!
I guess China changed their name. You'd think we would have heard about that in the news.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:13 PM
cowboywildbill
1st Gear

I started out in the old day's with Thinsulate stuff and just bundling up. Had an old HD snowmobile suit. I used to alternate my hand's down on the heads to keep them from going numb! Then I added a pair of Widder 12 volt Electric gloves that ran off the bike and a pair of some off brand Hunting socks that used 9 volt transistor radio battery's. The gloves were an improvement, but the socks would get too hot, and you had to unplug them, and turn the gloves off and on to controll the heat. I now have most of the Gerbing's gear.
I went with the New Micro wire stuff they have out. I have the jacket liner and it is good, but then I bought the Extreme pant's and the Extreme Jacket and the T-5 Gloves. I had to buy a pair of socks from another supplier (warm & safe) because Gerbings didn't have them yet, but they will very soon so I'm told. The socks plug directly into the pant's. Everything plugs into each other. I use the dual controller and it works well. I would like to try the foot liners and see how they do as opposed to the socks. I wear a Warmskin hood/mask (Pharoh) or a Firefighter Nomex hood under my Super Sear half shell Police Helmet and small goggles. Works well.
I ride No matter how cold or windy, as long as it isn't snowing or sleeting. I do ride in the snow, but I don't start out in it. Only if I get caught and have get back.
With the heated gear I can ride all day and it is comfortable even at 70 mph and wind chill's below 0. If your going to buy, I would suggest going with the newer Microwire gear. What a difference this stuff makes. This stuff isn't cheap, but it's better than freezing your Bunn's off! If your a L.E.O. Gerbing's has a discount program also.
Check out thier site for details. Stay warm & ride safe.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
jward
Tourer

Dude!...Gerbing makes HD as we have all said....Gerbing is made in China and other places other than US..

Quick Reply: Broke down and bought some heated gloves