Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Wisconsin: Would like to rent bike trailer...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SE Wisconsin: Would like to rent bike trailer...

Well, I am headed to Southern AZ for 4 months for a TDY course before heading to Germany for 3 years. Obviously I would like to take the bike with me but I am not wanting to rent a UHAUL which will run me $650ish to transport the bike both ways.

I'm looking for someone who has a trailer I can hook up to my Jeep and rent out for $250-300 or so and return around the first week of MAY. PM me if you are in SE Wisconsin or N Illinois and have something.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:32 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Would gladly let you use mine for the trip but think North FL is a little out of the way mine is huge anyway .. Enclosed 8X14/16 V Trailer takes Full V-8 Power to pull it .. could probably haul 4 Bikes with it .. Mine is set up for hauling my 2 but seldom use it .. have to just take it out now and then just to turn the wheels .. Good Luck on finding one ..

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 01-11-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, just checked on UHAUL website and it is going to run me $480 each way...that is ludicrous. I could buy one for the $900 it will run me at the end of the day to go from WI to AZ and back.

I would buy one but I can't bring it to Germany.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:04 PM
rrsjs5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a UHaul Dealer in Ca.,Call a Local dealer in your area,ask for a Quote,give them your correct contact info,if any discounts are avaliable someone from their local Marketing Company will call you and offer discounts to get you to book....worth a shot,sometimes discounts and be 25 or 30% if they need to move trailer's.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:22 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=94564

Attached is a 20% off coupon. Buy a http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96349 wheel chock (print a second coupon and make a seperate purchase) , a sheet of 3/4 ply, four 1/2" eyebolts and appropriate straps.

Cost you about half the cost of renting, and you can easily sell it on Craigslist for most of your investment when you are done.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
joe mayo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fast FLHX
Thanks, just checked on UHAUL website and it is going to run me $480 each way...that is ludicrous. I could buy one for the $900 it will run me at the end of the day to go from WI to AZ and back.

I would buy one but I can't bring it to Germany.

I'm from the Appleton area and thought about buying one myself. If your thinking of buying one, lets talk and maybe we can work out a deal after your finished and back from your trip.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to www.craigslist.com to the motorcycle section for your nearest metro area. Put trailer in the search and see what you come up with. There are often good deals there but beware, in NC trailers must be registered and a lot of folks are trying to sell without a title. Best of luck and thanks for your service!!!! You could get a 5'X8' enclosed if it hat a 2' nose.

Last edited by strtarrow; 01-11-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:21 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior

Years ago between moves I bought a trailer to store my bike in.
I kept the trailer at a friends house as there was no place to park it at the apartment.
So, if you do end up buying one.....you could use it to protect your bike from others bumping into it while your away.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:45 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by twodollarbill
Years ago between moves I bought a trailer to store my bike in.
I kept the trailer at a friends house as there was no place to park it at the apartment.
So, if you do end up buying one.....you could use it to protect your bike from others bumping into it while your away.
Yep, good friend of mine, also a member on here did the same thing. You can make a trailer much more secure, although not completely, than you can a scoot. You can get locks for the hook-up, put a VERY heavy duty chain between the wheels, get very creative. Overall a great investment for anyone without a permanent enclosure.

Quick Reply: SE Wisconsin: Would like to rent bike trailer...