Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:20 AM
karz10
|
Road Master
Default Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?

Got an 03 RKC, and a battery tender w/ the quick disconnect wire. I searched a lot of battery tender threads, but haven't seen any good discussion or pics on where people put their wires.

I was thinking it would be nice to be able to quickly access the plug that goes to the battery, without having to remove the seat and all that. The wire that came w/ the battery tender isn't very long, like I couldn't run it under the tank up to the front for example, or into the saddlebag or something, w/out modifying it.

I was trying to think of a place not too far from the battery I could tie or otherwise secure the plug somewhere, but still be able to access it w/out removing the seat or other parts.

Any ideas or pics from people who have put this thing somewhere for easy access?

Thanks.

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:30 AM
jbe
Road Captain

Mine was located on the frame below and behind battery. It is now on left side just behind the tank. I have heated gear and use it for the battery tender also.

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:33 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member

I routed mine in front of the battery and tied it to the frame just behind the side cover.

Old 01-11-2010 | 12:25 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

I tuck mine between the right side seat and saddlebag.

Old 01-11-2010 | 01:22 PM
karz10
|
Road Master

if anyone felt like posting a pic at some point I'd appreciate it, thanks for the feedback so far...

Old 01-11-2010 | 01:33 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

Originally Posted by piasspj
I routed mine in front of the battery and tied it to the frame just behind the side cover.
Yep, same here. It just pokes out from between the left cover and the frame a little.

Old 01-11-2010 | 01:47 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master

Most times i bring mine up through the slit in the seat so i can use it for heated gear, or just to plug in. I also made a "patchcord" or sorts so i can jump my bike from another bike also having a battery tender connection, without removing the seat using jumper cables, etc etc.

Old 01-11-2010 | 01:59 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by karz10
if anyone felt like posting a pic at some point I'd appreciate it, thanks for the feedback so far...
If you have the split between the seats you can just leave it tucked in there. I use a Gerbing connector, Gerbing to Battery Tender adapter, & use the one connector for either Gerbing or Battery Tender.

Attached Thumbnails Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?-p1010002.jpg  
Old 01-11-2010 | 02:03 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Default Tender lead

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Yep, same here. It just pokes out from between the left cover and the frame a little.

Ditto.....

Old 01-11-2010 | 02:24 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

mine is right above the oil filler. That's where the instructions with the HD charger says to put it.

Quick Reply: Any good ideas where to install easy access plug for battery tender?