Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*Looking For Some New Whitewall Tires*

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Stash
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *Looking For Some New Whitewall Tires*

07 Ultra. Went with the E-3's at the first switch. Great tire. No complaints. But, with the color combination of my bike paired with the chrome wheels, I really don't like the look of the blackwall tires. I'm looking for a set of decent tires with the THIN whitewall. Whitewall size similiar to the stock 402's. I have been spoiled by the E-3 tires, and don't want to return to the stock 402's. Mileage is not that big of an issue with me. I don't try and stretch the tire wear. I'm quick to change them out, even when I know there is a couple of thousand miles left in the tires. I have the chrome spokes with tubes. I'm looking for a comparable tire to the E-3, only in a thin whitewall. Any ideas? Metzeler? Avon? Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the Metzeler 880's on my RK with the wide white wall, but I'm pretty sure they come with the thin white wall as well. I have been pleased with them and the wear is better than the 402 for me at least. They also feel better on grooved pavement and don't seem to track the tar snakes at all. I'll be getting another set when these wear out.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:34 PM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matrix5
I've got the Metzeler 880's on my RK with the wide white wall, but I'm pretty sure they come with the thin white wall as well. I have been pleased with them and the wear is better than the 402 for me at least. They also feel better on grooved pavement and don't seem to track the tar snakes at all. I'll be getting another set when these wear out.
Let me know what kind of ware you get from the Metzlers I herd they where not that great for ware, but I would love to have the white walls, I went with the E3 this time, but like I said would like to get back to white walls.
THanks
Terry

Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 AM
95lookingood
Novice

I run the metzeler widewhite wall and got 14000 out of the rear. Front is still on with a couple of 32's left. I like them a lot especialy in rain.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:06 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the stock dunlop wide white wall, and think they're fine, but I know nothing else as I've always used them. I hear though that the metzlers are way better, and will try them next, but I also hear that the softer compound they're mase of, which is the reason they corner better/fgrip better, is the same reason they wear quicker. They're also more $.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:12 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TMair
Let me know what kind of ware you get from the Metzlers I herd they where not that great for ware, but I would love to have the white walls, I went with the E3 this time, but like I said would like to get back to white walls.
THanks
Terry
I got 8700 out of the rear 402 and I'm at 9000 with the Metzeler and have about 5/32 left so I'm looking for 12-14k out of it. That's better than I expected. Everyone is different from riding style, weight, and road conditions, but the Metzelers are working out better for my conditions.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Stash
Tourer

I was thinking of switching to the Metzlers, not because of dissatification with the E3, but to get back to the thin whitewall. Anyone know for sure if Metzler makes a thin whitewall tire to replace the 402s? If they do, I think that would end my search. I don't think I can get the mileage of the E3, but I want whitewalls. I guess I can't have the best of both worlds?