Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hillside Build Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 PM
1fast2liter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my buddie is running a 2001 screaming eagle roadglide stroked to a 103 with sc 211 cams the heads are the stock heads that came on the bike.. 103hp and 122tq running 10-1 compression....

Old 01-11-2010, 09:59 PM
1fast2liter
Advanced

buddies 2001 stroked to a 103" 10-1compresson sc211 cams stock exhaust,stock heads from the bike.... 103hp and 122tq....

Old 01-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Stroken
Intermediate

Originally Posted by arealinvestor
Sounds a little low.Was bike dyno tuned?I think there is more in the build!!
Yes it was dyno tuned with sert tuner.
The print out didnt have an afr read out on it, after I have them run it or re-tune it with the new air filter on it I am going to tell them I want to see the afr also.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 197 Posts

Good luck Stroken. Obviously you put a solid package together with parts designed to work together. I'm sure the additional power will be discovered with a solid tune. It's not far off. Those TBW bikes just don't make the numbers the cable bikes do. Still, I bet it's a blast to ride.

Zach

Old 01-12-2010, 04:12 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggzed
Those TBW bikes just don't make the numbers the cable bikes do. Still, I bet it's a blast to ride.

Zach
I have a theory on that - its not the TBW but the IDS that "robs" power.

IDS bikes have a much higher rotational mass on the rear wheel and that makes Dynojet dynos think that the bike has less power.

People blame the TBW but it was introduced at the same time as the IDS and the TBW gets the blame.

TBW bikes are no slower on the road, its just a dynojet thing.

What do you think??

Old 01-12-2010, 05:59 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

Good luck Stroken. Obviously you put a solid package together with parts designed to work together. I'm sure the additional power will be discovered with a solid tune. It's not far off. Those TBW bikes just don't make the numbers the cable bikes do. Still, I bet it's a blast to ride.

Zach
Every tuner thats worth his own weight will tell you that the tbw bikes make less power. NOBODY knows the exact cause. Some say its the tbw, others say its a combination of the tbw, software within the ecm that can not be touched and or the extra drag from the 6 speed.

His #'s seem to be right around where all the other 107" tbw builds are at.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by kingkingking
I have a theory on that - its not the TBW but the IDS that "robs" power.

IDS bikes have a much higher rotational mass on the rear wheel and that makes Dynojet dynos think that the bike has less power.

People blame the TBW but it was introduced at the same time as the IDS and the TBW gets the blame.

TBW bikes are no slower on the road, its just a dynojet thing.

What do you think??
Could be King. Luckily that's an easy one for someone to validate. The IDS is very simple to swap out for a standard pulley. Could easily be done on the same day if someone was willing to do the test.

Zach

Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by timvan
Every tuner thats worth his own weight will tell you that the tbw bikes make less power. NOBODY knows the exact cause. Some say its the tbw, others say its a combination of the tbw, software within the ecm that can not be touched and or the extra drag from the 6 speed.

His #'s seem to be right around where all the other 107" tbw builds are at.
I agree and have heard all the theories as well. It's the progresstivity setting (which can be adjusted in TTS software), it's the 6 speed, it's primary adjuster, IDS..... I'm not sure if any have been proven to be the smoking gun, which leads me to believe it's probably a combination of all.

Like I said, I'm sure the bike is a blast to ride whether you get that last 3-5 hp/tq out of it or not.

Zach

Old 01-12-2010, 02:07 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like I said, I'm sure the bike is a blast to ride whether you get that last 3-5 hp/tq out of it or not.

Zach
Exactly. Dynojet numbers are +-15% on a good day anyhow. The best dyno is still a 1/4 mile strip.

Anyone with a quality build like a Hillside shouldnt loose any sleep about what happens on the dyno, just get out there on the road and enjoy passing those with SE builds....

Old 01-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
Exactly. Dynojet numbers are +-15% on a good day anyhow. The best dyno is still a 1/4 mile strip.

Anyone with a quality build like a Hillside shouldnt loose any sleep about what happens on the dyno, just get out there on the road and enjoy passing those with SE builds....
Unless they have a Hillside build on their SE 110 as well.....

Quick Reply: Hillside Build Numbers