Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruiserworks boots

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Trophy Mike
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the worse examples of pandering to some folks' quest for comfort to the detriment of ignoring all else. Easy to see how decidedly lightweight these are. Just pull out the cardboard insert, hold from the bottom and shake. Like other "boots" of this type the top half flops over like a basset hound's ear. Glued together fake-stitched soles are soft enough to put a thumb through. Would be leery of testing their protection in a serious get-off. While $239 may be alot to fork over for dubious gear like this it's not alot for a pair of real safety footwear. In fact be prepared to pay a hundred dollars more because it's worth it. But not to be totally negative, Cruiserworks are indeed waterproof, just like a pair of rubber Totes.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:38 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had them they were a great boot i had the side zips

Old 09-06-2012, 06:18 PM
dobro
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had 3 pairs of Cruiserworks boots. The first pair was excellent. The second pair was okay. I couldn't even get my foot half way down the shaft in the third pair.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:34 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Cruiserworks "used to" make a great product, but went through some bad financial times.

I bought my first pair in '02, and got several years of wear before they needed resoling.

Sent them in to be resoled, and continued to wear them. They changed manufacturing locations a couple of times, and ended up with boots with defective soles. Those defective soles were also provided to their "resoling company," called "Resole America". My second resole was a disaster...the first time I knelt down and bent the sole they cracked. I bought a brand new pair from the original company, and the soles cracked immediately on them. They were on the verge of bankruptcy (Google it and you will find threads here on the forum about that), and they sold out. Here's a link from the new owners:

http://cruiserworks.com/Customer-Con...=19&mode=quote

The last I checked, there were not honoring the original Cruiserworks guarantee, so I'm screwed on my like new, second pair of $239 tour boots with cracked soles.

P.S. The new price on the tour boot is now $325.00. The only plus for me is that they are one of the few boot manufacturers who make a narrow, which I need.

http://www.cruiserworks.com/Products.aspx

I'm still wearing my original pair to work, and the second pair when riding. They are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned, and I'm 60 years old, and all I've ever worn are boots.

I'm willing to give them another chance, if they got this quality problem under control.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by wingman05
I have had and used a pair of their touring boots for the last three years now and they live up to their billing. The heels wear quickly (must be the reason for the resole program) but they are 100% waterproof. On a trip from St Louis to NJ this past September, I rode over 800 out of 1000 miles in the rain, and my feet were dry at all times. Would I buy another pair......absolutely!
Wear out those heels and you will see how they are made, and why they are so comfortable. They have "air chambers" in them that absorb the shock of walking.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a pair for 10 years...had them resoled a couple of years ago. Good comfortable and waterproof boots!! Was thinking about a new pair, but with reading about the QC problems, I think I'll keep wearing these a little while longer......

Old 09-06-2012, 11:24 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 569 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Digger53
I been wearing the same pair of Cruiserworks boots for almost 10 years now. Living in the North West we do get a little rain now and then, my feet have always stayed dry. Been in some heavy rain storms in TX and LA and they keep me dry. I have put on about 350K miles with the same pair, they are about due to get resole here soon. I think you will like them!

Digger
Camas, WA
Mine are 9 yrs old and just about worn out(soles/heels) Rode almost 400 miles in a good rain last yr,did not leak a drop and lightweight,fairly cool in hot weather.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:56 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Had a pair since 06 and the soles cracked on a trip which sure didn't make them water proof. They replaced them (soles) at no charge.

Had a similar problem last year with leakage around the soles (heavy rain) and were the boot came together....There customer service let me down this time with no help at all. I always used there cream dressing and everything.

Don't think I would buy them again and now I use mink oil on the leather....Also, I don't think they say they are waterproof but water resistant now..my 2 cents!

Last edited by Jerry1834; 09-07-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

The founders of the company were riders and put out a quality product that they stood behind. They sold when got so big they weren't enjoying life. Quality and service declined (reminds me of the AMF days). They recently changed hands again and boots are now made by WeinbrennerUSA who makes boots for Dept. of Defense and firefighters. They are again partnered with resole America.
They now sell other products (reda gas cans, etc)