Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor Suspension Review – Long

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 11:24 PM
streetmate
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pain Staking

Love all your posts very informative.
Living down under is a lot harder to get any new parts not without it
costing lots of dollars in freight.
over the last year I've gone from stock o.e to progressive,paltinum,
ohlins from howards, now.

I,ve just ordered Ricors from Brian and the front
intimnators.

All I have to say is there all apart from the Ricors as they have not arrived yet I,ll give them a score out of 10,1 being good 10 bloody dangerously ****...

O.E= 6, Progressive 5 Platinum 10, Ohlins 3

For a bike that owes me $65k Australian, all I want is decent suspension so when I hit a decent longward bend at high speed hit a bump or change lanes
the **** end does not bounce around.
I,m even thinking if it helps, buying the bagger brace and putting it on with my existing progressive touring link if it helps......

Old 01-16-2014, 04:32 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by streetmate
I,m even thinking if it helps, buying the bagger brace and putting it on with my existing progressive touring link if it helps......
You see members writing about 'Harley tax', but they don't know what they are talking about! Those of us living overseas and importing parts know ALL about it!

I do suggest you think twice about using both the Bagger Brace and touring link. I suspect they will fight each other, as the Progressive one is a compromised design. Use one or the other and by all means compare how well they each work. My money is on the BB giving better results.

Old 01-16-2014, 05:55 PM
streetmate
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thx thats the advice im looking for..
I,ll wait for me ricor..and see how I go..

Old 01-18-2014, 01:43 AM
Bulpitt
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You may be waiting a while. I ordered a set for my road glide and a set for my sportster on 12/10/13 and am still waiting for both. Don't get me wrong, I hear they are worth the wait but there is definitely a wait.

Old 01-18-2014, 07:19 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I hope you ordered the intiminators only , the shocks are terrible , Marc and his write up was a lie and he definately had a mission , I bought into it an bought Ricor shocks only to be major dissapointment , 1 up they were ok , 2 up terrible , they were not as good as the Progressive I started with , I sold them and went to Ohlin's #3-#3 which were great and later to JRi B's only because I wanted a 12" shock and they were slightly better than the Ohlin's , don't waste your money on Ricor Shocks

Old 01-18-2014, 07:36 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
I hope you ordered the intiminators only , the shocks are terrible , Marc and his write up was a lie and he definately had a mission , I bought into it an bought Ricor shocks only to be major dissapointment , 1 up they were ok , 2 up terrible , they were not as good as the Progressive I started with , I sold them and went to Ohlin's #3-#3 which were great and later to JRi B's only because I wanted a 12" shock and they were slightly better than the Ohlin's , don't waste your money on Ricor Shocks
I wouldn't go quite that far. I had them for a while and replaced them with Ohlins #3-4s. They were much better than stock of course, but worked best when there was nearly no sag......The shocks loved preload.

The Ohlins were far and away better shocks than the Ricors. I wouldn't call the Ricors "terrible", but for the money there are much better options.