Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno numbers for '07's

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 08:17 AM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dyno numbers for '07's

I talked with a friend of mine last night that has a dyno. He talked with a friend of his, that owns a dyno in a large city. I could name names, but will not. Lets just say it is a very good source and most people would recognize the name. ANYWAY....he got to do a dyno run on a 2007 96" bike. Just as he suspected, the hp and tq were under what the 88's were! In all fairness, the 88's would not make what the MoCo claimed they would either, but they did do better than the 96" engines do. I honestly figured that they would be at least even, but he swears that they lacked a hp or 2 to just be even.

Food for thought........

nogood o~`o

Old 07-19-2006, 08:54 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts
Default RE: Dyno numbers for '07's

I'd like to see what the numbers are after they break the motor in.

lp

Old 07-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Numbers should be low on a tight new motor, besides with the factory tune, what would you expect?

Old 07-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Depressing. Hope we get some more runs logged to see an average. I like to "turn" my bikes around the 30K mark on the clock......have 24K now on the '04. Was thinking maybe the '07 would be THE year..........might have to wait for the '08 to arrive. We still haven't seen any published articles, tests, reviews, etc. from the various magazines on the new models. I'm not gonna rush out and slap a deposit down on an unknown. Time will tell us the story.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:21 PM
bonzo2
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been reading all of Harley's hype on the 07's and each article talks about the increase in tourque but I have yet to see the horsepower ratings in any of these factory planted articles. Does anyone know what the HP rating is for the new 96"?

Bonzo

Old 07-19-2006, 12:31 PM
ptoemmes
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah - and you have to be careful on what they mean by an increase in torque (up to 17% across the product line depending on the scoot).

The deal is - yes the motor needs to be broken in - but we have to see the dyno chart. 17% peak torque increase is not the same as a 17% total volume under curve, shape of torque curve, etc.

17% increase in crank torque is a marketing number.

nogood - can you get the dyno sheet posted with the guilty names erased?

Just for the record I think what the MoCo has done is a step in the right direction regardless - maybe a baby step - but considerign they could have done nuttin' or someting really stoopid.

Pete

Old 07-19-2006, 12:41 PM
BluRooster
Tourer

I think a bigger question is, "what have they done to the heads"? If they've fixed more of the flow problems, it'll be interesting to see what new cams, pipes and air cleaner will get you.

Old 07-19-2006, 01:02 PM
ptoemmes
Advanced

Certainly imporant. I'd like to know more about "elimantes the need for catalysts" from the tech pdf below

Need someone to ante up for an 07 and take a sawz-all to it ASAP.

Electronic Sequential
Port Fuel Injection
(E.S.P.F.I.)
• Similar design was
incorporated for the
2006 Dyna™ models
• O2 feedback system
eliminates the
need for catalysts
(except VRSC™ models)
• HDI motorcycles
are equipped with
O2 sensor feedback
• System adjusts to provide
optimal air/fuel mixture
• Some CVO motorcycles
require catalyst

Old 07-19-2006, 08:58 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ptoemmes

Yeah - and you have to be careful on what they mean by an increase in torque (up to 17% across the product line depending on the scoot).

The deal is - yes the motor needs to be broken in - but we have to see the dyno chart. 17% peak torque increase is not the same as a 17% total volume under curve, shape of torque curve, etc.

17% increase in crank torque is a marketing number.

nogood - can you get the dyno sheet posted with the guilty names erased?

Just for the record I think what the MoCo has done is a step in the right direction regardless - maybe a baby step - but considerign they could have done nuttin' or someting really stoopid.

Pete
I wish that I could get my paws on that dyno sheet. Problem is, one of the stipulations was that nobody was supposed to get the results. Very few actually have ( not counting yall ) The dyno guy did say that he feels like there may be more potential in this engine if you can work around the obstacles.....like.....the fact that the cams are 5 pieces pressed together! That just aint right! It will take time, but it will happen....me?,,,,I'll just wait and see.....

nogood o~`o

Old 07-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The cams are 5 peices pressed together? Whoa! That makes me pause..........anybody out there have an educated opinion on that?

Quick Reply: Dyno numbers for '07's