Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a 2010 Ultra Limited....

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 11:45 AM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Considering a 2010 Ultra Limited....

Hey guys. I have a 2008 Road King, and I love it. Stage one, and pretty much all chromed out, apes, etc. Again I love it...

My wife didn't "take" to riding her own bike the past couple of years, and wants to sell it and ride more two-up with me, so I am considering selling my Road King and buying the Ultra Limited.

Am I crazy? Will I regret it. I am torn. I think might even need counseling. I need convincing.

LOL. Appreciate all your thoughts as always...

Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I've got a Limited and I love it. Great bike.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyMike
Hey guys. I have a 2008 Road King, and I love it. Stage one, and pretty much all chromed out, apes, etc. Again I love it...

My wife didn't "take" to riding her own bike the past couple of years, and wants to sell it and ride more two-up with me, so I am considering selling my Road King and buying the Ultra Limited.

Am I crazy? Will I regret it. I am torn. I think might even need counseling. I need convincing.

LOL. Appreciate all your thoughts as always...
I can guarantee you won't be disappointed with the Ultra Classic. I switched from a Dyna. As for the 2010, I looked at it as well. NICE!!

Since I already have an Ultra, I couldn't justify the money. IMO you can't beat the 2010 Limited. Lot's of goodies come standard.
Pull the trigger, You won't regret it. You only go around once...

Old 01-08-2010, 12:07 PM
DukeofEarl
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have been very happy with the Limited. The only negative so far has been the seat - but I understand that from 2009 and up, HD cheapened the seats on touring bikes and they are now less comfortable. We intend to have our seat redone by MCC.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:08 PM
bfrank
Tourer

The new limiteds look great! I love the gauges in them. I have a '10 SG but I know my wife was pleased with our move from the RK to the SG I think you will be very happy with the UC.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:11 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer

Everyone knows you gotta keep the wife happy! This is probably a dumb question, but is the tour pack on the ultra removable (quick release?) so I can remove it when she's not with me?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:12 PM
rocstar50
Cruiser

I changed from a Road King to Ultra last year. Loved the RK but for passenger comfort you cant beat the Ultra.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Steelknee57
Road Captain

I would buy my 2010 Limited again. 4900 miles and no problems yet! It's true, the seat sucks. Sent mine to MCC and all is good now.

The tour Pak is not removable.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DeputyMike
Everyone knows you gotta keep the wife happy! This is probably a dumb question, but is the tour pack on the ultra removable (quick release?) so I can remove it when she's not with me?
You can add a quick-detach kit. I thought of doing the same on my '07 EG, but I got used to having a "trunk". I would have never removed it.

Regarding the Limited, only a fellow biker would understand, but I made an (unnecessary) upgrade from an '07 EG Classic to the Limited. Best purchase I've ever made! No looking back -- just a huge grin as I eat-up the miles!

Old 01-08-2010, 12:21 PM
pnwlimited
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy the docking hardware to remove the Tourpack...its alot cheaper to dress the limited down than it is to dress up any other FL. and you get the 103!

Quick Reply: Considering a 2010 Ultra Limited....