Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power commander V, Autotune attachment, Is it worth getting

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Coastiejosh
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power commander V, Autotune attachment, Is it worth getting

Is it worth getting the autotune add on for the power commander V or not?

Thank you

josh
2010 Street Glide

Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM
bfrank
Tourer

No. My $.02

I have a '10 SG I put the SEAC and V&H pipe on there I bought the PCV and it runs just fine.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:41 PM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bfrank
No. My $.02

I have a '10 SG I put the SEAC and V&H pipe on there I bought the PCV and it runs just fine.
frank and to the point. Awesome.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:28 PM
RKC2009
Advanced

I use the PCV and Auto tune with Heavy breather and V and H monster ovals. Runs great.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Coastiejosh
If you buy the PCV from Fuel Moto you'll get an accurate map for your setup already installed. If you intend making incremental changes (cams, head work, etc.) in the future or are an incorrigible tweaker like me you could make a rational justification for Auto-Tune. Otherwise, most riders will not realize any major benefit from it, IMO. With the bike's on-board MAP and temperature sensors the basic PCV will keep the bike in near-ideal tune regardless of conditions, that is given a good map to begin with.

All that said, I have AT installed and wouldn't go back to the basic setup, but I fit into the latter category of being an addicted tweaker. I also made a cam change last March and with AT all I had to do besides making some easy timing changes was to ride the bike. AT took care of the rest.

Last edited by iclick; 01-07-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 PM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

I have the PCV and the auto tune..... I have 3 different exhaust set-ups and cams and an aftermarket a/c assembly.... The auto tune is worth its weight in gold because I don't have access to a reliable dyno and none of the canned maps I was receiving from members, forum vendor, or the PC website would work with my combos. Its nice to be able to change something and just ride it and apply the corrections that the auto tune says...

Chris

Old 01-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Coastiejosh
Tourer

Thank you for your opinions. My set up is going to be K&N 63-11229 intake and the V&H 2 into 1 muffler #16779, with the PC V tuner.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...tCode=63-1122P

http://www.vanceandhines.com/product...t21chrome.html

Old 01-07-2010, 05:58 PM
htrddah
Novice

i love the autotune no more dyno needed put it on the switch to turn on or off and ride it sets its self up and runs great

Old 01-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Sath
Tourer

Originally Posted by Coastiejosh

Thank you

josh
2010 Street Glide
I'm no expert and have been researching this enough to be dangerous. From what I have read the AT can be a good thing to have when you have a odd set of components where maps would not be availible. Also if you plan to do those mods in stages the AT would ensure you have the proper tune for each stage without hitting the dyno each time. That is if you had an odd set up or didn't want to run a canned map. Is it worth it for a stage one I'd say no.... Is it worth it for the future? It depends on how you will do future mods, what components, in stages or all at once? If you do it ALL at once then a dyno tune with the PCV would be as good if not better. I am sure I don't have to ask but someone please correct me if I'm wrong

Old 01-07-2010, 11:05 PM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I just got done taking my PCIII off and installing my PCV with autotune tonight. I bought it from fuel moto and gave the specs to Kieth when I ordered it. It came in a box, tuned by Jamie. The install was straight forward with no hickups at all. Hooked up the laptop and getting good readings from the o2 sensors. The bike ran pretty well with Jamies map, but the drivability improvement was noticable after riding just a little while, it was smoother. The power was really good. I'll report further after I run it for a while longer, in a nutshell, I'm happy with the package.

Quick Reply: Power commander V, Autotune attachment, Is it worth getting