Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power commander V, Autotune attachment, Is it worth getting

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 AM
fevest
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I will chime in on this. I bought the power kit from fuel moto with the jackpot pipes. I also bought the pc5 with autotune. A little more up front but I figure that anything I do in the future will need no adjustments as the autotune does it for me. I also figure you will get better results over any map as the thing will fine tune itself.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:40 AM
bfrank
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More food for thought... You can buy the PCV today and try it out if you think you need it or you are going to make the next change to your motor you can add the AT later.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by bfrank
More food for thought... You can buy the PCV today and try it out if you think you need it or you are going to make the next change to your motor you can add the AT later.
True, with the PCV you have that versatility. I went with the autotune route and I had a PCIII and upgraded yesterday. I bought the PCIII for my 07 in late 06 (not from fuelmoto, unfortunately) when dealers in our area quit tuning and the stage 1 download wouldn't cut it. Since, I have added other pieces including cams and no canned download fit the bill. I got it reasonably close with a lot of experimenting but close doesn't cut it and there's no one around that I trust for the dyno tuning. Knowing that down the road I'm going to up displacement and have head work done, this was the way to go for me. Having just installed the PCV, you lose nothing by waiting and installing the autotune later after saving more lunch money. That's what's cool about this setup.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 AM
rodeking
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PCV/AT is the way to go. Canned MAPS are like playing pin the tail on the donkey, where the closest one wins. My canned MAP from FM would not idle, would not hot start, mpg was in the low 30's, etc. After I ran the AT with FM's AFR's the fuel trims were up to -27 in some areas. Now with 4000 miles of fine tuning I get up to 48 mpg and bike runs great. I saved my dyno power tune from my PCIII and added it to my PCV/AT @60% to 100% throttle. I run this in open loop because the AT would change the trims in closed loop. Kind of the best of both power and economy.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:49 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,152 Likes on 1,351 Posts

Originally Posted by rodeking
PCV/AT is the way to go. Canned MAPS are like playing pin the tail on the donkey, where the closest one wins. My canned MAP from FM would not idle, would not hot start, mpg was in the low 30's, etc. After I ran the AT with FM's AFR's the fuel trims were up to -27 in some areas. Now with 4000 miles of fine tuning I get up to 48 mpg and bike runs great. I saved my dyno power tune from my PCIII and added it to my PCV/AT @60% to 100% throttle. I run this in open loop because the AT would change the trims in closed loop. Kind of the best of both power and economy.
As noted, we would not have a specific map for your build which is why we would recommend the Auto Tune with a combination like yours. We have very accurate maps for most common setups and our database has several thousand maps, however when you get into cams and engine combinations such as yours that we have not tested or developed maps for the Auto Tune is an invaluable tool for tuning, and we can supply a base map with an AFR table and configure the AT settings for best results. We have reviewed hundreds of AT maps from customers and many of them show minimal fuel adjustments, which directly represents the accuracy of the base fuel map we supply. Sounds like you have done well with these products and have a well tuned setup.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by fuelmoto; 01-08-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:26 PM
rodeking
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Hey Jamie, not bitchin about FM's service or your MAPS. Just saying that the AT is great and I would not be without it. The AT lets me tune my bike, my load, to my road.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:45 PM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're constantly tinkering and making mods, then having the ability to re-tune (or autotune) is important. If you're looking to achieve performance with a defined set-up, then a pre-mapped tuner is both effective, simple & low cost. I bought a pre-mapped PC-V from Jamie/FuelMoto to accommodate my true-duals & air cleaner. Took it out of the box, installed it, and rode...it was just that simple!

Old 01-08-2010, 07:31 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KKarey
If you're constantly tinkering and making mods, then having the ability to re-tune (or autotune) is important. If you're looking to achieve performance with a defined set-up, then a pre-mapped tuner is both effective, simple & low cost. I bought a pre-mapped PC-V from Jamie/FuelMoto to accommodate my true-duals & air cleaner. Took it out of the box, installed it, and rode...it was just that simple!
Same here basically, bought PCV and true duals from Jamie, already had Rush 2.0's and runs great. But here I am 2 months later swearing I will never do the 103, heads upgrade HOWEVER am thinking putting my 2,25 baffles and the SE255 cams in.

So I will probably be calling Jamie and Fuel Moto about getting the AT.

I keep thinking I will stop but never seem to. Sometimes I take a year or so off from the motor, sometimes just a few months!

Old 05-02-2010, 01:54 AM
nuberton
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well hell, I'm sold on the Auto Tune

Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
randyrobertson
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all

Received the PCV with Auto Tune from Jamie last night...fast shipping. I installed the PC V but I am struggling with the Auto Tune option. The Auto Tune comes with 18mm 02's but mine are 12mm (2010 has the new location mid pipe). What do you recommend I do? Install the 02's in the 09 position near the head? I am certainly ok with doing that however the cables are not long enough (especially the front jug) to reach to the connection point under the right saddle bag. The Pro Pipe HO only has the 12mm port at the mid pipe location...so going to 18mm would require a new port, and I am not doing that to my new pipe. Is it possible Dynojet make a 12mm 02 sensor setup?

I left my 02's unplugged and running with the supplied map that Jamie installed. Bike is running very nicely by the way, he has the map very very close.

Any advice? I e-mailed Jamie but know he is super busy...

Quick Reply: Power commander V, Autotune attachment, Is it worth getting