Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Street Glide dual pipe options

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 09:04 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

No one mentioned D&D pipes. They make great exhaust. Do a search for fat cat on here and you will see what people say. http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/harley_davidson/

Old 01-15-2010, 07:06 PM
DocO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since it was pretty nice out today, I decided to just tear into the pipes a little ahead of time (leaves more time for drinkin when my friends get here) .. Everything went very smoothly until I started to mount the left side muffler.. Seems that Harley decided in their infinite wisdom that since there is no muffler on that side stock, that they wouldn't include the rubber mount on that side on the saddle bag mount. The pipes (even stock) mount to a metal plate that you slide through the rubber grommet. It is a must have to mount that muffler... I called my local dealer and talked to the parts department. The guy knew exactly what I was talking about and had another customer that needed one earlier this week. They've got it in stock, so I guess I'll be headed over there tomorrow.

Once I get it done, I'll get some pictures posted.

Doc

Old 01-15-2010, 07:59 PM
bfrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by DocO
Since it was pretty nice out today, I decided to just tear into the pipes a little ahead of time (leaves more time for drinkin when my friends get here) .. Everything went very smoothly until I started to mount the left side muffler.. Seems that Harley decided in their infinite wisdom that since there is no muffler on that side stock, that they wouldn't include the rubber mount on that side on the saddle bag mount. The pipes (even stock) mount to a metal plate that you slide through the rubber grommet. It is a must have to mount that muffler... I called my local dealer and talked to the parts department. The guy knew exactly what I was talking about and had another customer that needed one earlier this week. They've got it in stock, so I guess I'll be headed over there tomorrow.

Once I get it done, I'll get some pictures posted.

Doc
I missed it what pipes did you end up going with?!? Why wouldn't that piece come with the kit?

Old 01-16-2010, 05:04 PM
bfrank
Tourer

A friend of mine has the '10 Screamin Eagle SG and she put the HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS
on her bike. WOW! Now she has the 110 motor but if the V&H power duals with a set of these sound as good on the 96 motor holy shiet!

The sound was so low and throaty it really was nice. Makes me think that I might need to redo my setup.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:37 PM
DocO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bfrank
I missed it what pipes did you end up going with?!? Why wouldn't that piece come with the kit?
I went with the dresser dual head pipes, and Monster Oval mufflers. On prior model years, this bike had a muffler on each side, but on the 2010 models, there's only one muffler. On the side without a muffler, the bracket that the muffler mounts to doesn't have a rubber mount in it.. Normally, that mount is already there on the older models.

I guess Harley decided that since there's no muffler there stock, they wouldn't include that rubber mount. I'm not sure if any of the muffler manufacturers are including that part with their 2010 pipes, but it did not come with the Monster Ovals. A trip to the dealer and about $2.50 later and I had the the part in hand. The rest of the install was smooth. Got the FuelPak on and settings made.. and also the Big Sucker air kit. Love the sound of this exhaust! Nice and deep, but not ear bleeding loud. I can still hear my stereo well while rolling down the road.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:48 PM
cupcars
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DocO
I went with the dresser dual head pipes, and Monster Oval mufflers. On prior model years, this bike had a muffler on each side, but on the 2010 models, there's only one muffler. On the side without a muffler, the bracket that the muffler mounts to doesn't have a rubber mount in it.. Normally, that mount is already there on the older models.

I guess Harley decided that since there's no muffler there stock, they wouldn't include that rubber mount. I'm not sure if any of the muffler manufacturers are including that part with their 2010 pipes, but it did not come with the Monster Ovals. A trip to the dealer and about $2.50 later and I had the the part in hand. The rest of the install was smooth. Got the FuelPak on and settings made.. and also the Big Sucker air kit. Love the sound of this exhaust! Nice and deep, but not ear bleeding loud. I can still hear my stereo well while rolling down the road.
Pics please! and if you don't mind, I'd like to know where you found the best deal... if it was ebay I would be interested in knowing the sellers ebay name. This is the setup I want too. Thanks!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Mark23703
6th Gear

If you are interested in the Vance and Hines dresser duals, More Power Racing has them for $352.00, and you cannot fine them cheaper! http://www.morepoweracing.com/produc...039&P_ID=60413

Old 01-16-2010, 09:37 PM
DocO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cupcars
Pics please! and if you don't mind, I'd like to know where you found the best deal... if it was ebay I would be interested in knowing the sellers ebay name. This is the setup I want too. Thanks!
the $352 above is definitely a good price..

I got my duals from easternpc on ebay for $369 with free shipping. Wish I would have known about that other place!

Also got the other stuff on ebay.
americanclassicmotors sold me the mufflers - $594.95 and fuelpak - $211.00

Got the air cleaner from s0rgys in ebay for $109.99

Old 01-17-2010, 05:16 PM
jkglide
Intermediate

First post here by the way...
I did a bunch of research in going from single to duals on my 2010 SG. Wanted to get away from the cat and I prefer the look/sound of duals. Dealer showed me a bunch of dyno sheets where stock 2009 dual heads perform pretty well and I decided to go that route. Bought used 09 heads from BadPiggy out of the classifieds here, Klockwerks 3.5" WFB cans for $350 off ebay (end caps were $60 apiece). Also went stage 1 and SERT. Plugged the O2 sensors. Sound is awesome - granted it was inside the dealer...dyno sheet shows max power of 78.42 and max torque of 92.98. Not bad for the money...at least I hope

Old 02-07-2010, 08:39 AM
stonesmith
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just ordered dresser duals from eastern performance they have 10% off everything in stock for february. Got 'em for $332.96 shipped

Quick Reply: 2010 Street Glide dual pipe options