Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

battery tender wire on 09 street glide?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:44 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

It depends on the Dealer and at what point you bought the bike. If you bought it when it was just un-crated, then it won't have it on there. Buddy of mine bought a 2010 CVO SG and had to ask to have it added. Most dealers that I've seen, will add them to the Tourers.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 AM
fairplay
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is sorta odd that the battery would fail. perhaps it is b/c you start it and run it for such a short time it does not charge fully.

Do you have a tender already? If you do find the pigtail you will still need a tender if you don't. If you do have a tender and just looking to see if the pigtail is installed, keep digging. I didn't see mine sticking out. I had to pull the seat and half expose the battery till I saw it all tucked in.

If you have a tender and don't have a pigtail for the glide pm me. I have extras.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:35 AM
bfrank
Tourer

Originally Posted by fairplay
that is sorta odd that the battery would fail. perhaps it is b/c you start it and run it for such a short time it does not charge fully.
That is what I was thinking. I would get the battery replaced and put a tender on it. Plug it in and let it sit.

My rule is that if I cannot ride it for at least 20-30 minutes I do not start it.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:38 AM
frozensoul
Road Master

thanks , i did get it charged and tossed some leather on and got it out for about 30 minute ride even though it was cold as heck.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:53 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,544 Likes on 22,685 Posts

Also if you're not going to riding it for a while, top it off with premium and put some stabil in it too. Change your fluids too prior to putting it to sleep, at least your oil.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:06 AM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
Change the fluids, hook it up to a tender, cover it, and leave it alone until you're going to ride it.
I always do the above plus add a fuel stabilizer. I use Sea Foam but Stabil is good too. I use it on the bike and my lawn mowers. They always fire right up after storage.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:38 AM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

Starting a bike in this weather is not good on the scooter. You would have to put on at least 20 miles just to get the moisture out,after start up. I think your battery is OK, it's just that,when starting a bike in this cold weather it pulls alot of juice, and at idle you are putting very little charge back in, so after a few starts the battery is to low to start it. Hope this helps.
Jonnierock

Old 01-08-2010, 05:21 AM
fairplay
Road Master

battery tender pigtail is in the mail

Old 01-08-2010, 07:21 AM
frozensoul
Road Master

thanks fairplay.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:47 AM
locodude
Road Captain

I don't have a battery tender, mine is called "the Juicer" from bell, has alligator clamps just like a regular battery charger, only cost like 30 bucks from wal-mart. it's got a floating option, seems to work well. Used it for several years on my old Honda and now my Ultra, never had a battery problem.

Quick Reply: battery tender wire on 09 street glide?