Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Bag Recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Bag Recommendation?

I need to purchase a tour bag for the Street Glide. I am considering the T-Bag and there are two models in particular that I am debating between, the Universal Expandable T-bag ($146) and the Expandable Tahoe T-bag ($119). Anyone have any positive or negative comments about either of these two bags?

The Universal Expandable comes with the top roll bag which could come in handy. Just wondering which bag will hold it's shape better when on the rack. I don't want one that is going to sag once it's on the bike.

Thanks for your feedback.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:36 PM
suicide441
Cruiser
Default RE: T-Bag Recommendation?

I have the Universal Expandable T-bag. The bag doesn't sag and is large enough for a couple of weeks on the road. I ride single and use it for a backrest which makes long distances easy. I use the top roll bag for carrying my helmet when I am not wearing it. The only downside is the rain cover is not waterproof it is water resistant. It is fine while riding but if you have to stop for more than gas and food you need to cover it with plastic or take it inside. I was lucky to find this out while I was staying at my sisters house so it wasn't a problem. I have ridden 3 days straight in the rain without anything getting wet. I highly reccomend the bag.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:55 PM
rwagon57
Tourer

I also have the expanble T-bag with the seperate roll bag. I line it with two plastic trash bags, which keeps everything dry. It holds its shape well, and from 1st hand experience it holds enough for me and the wife, including her 5 pairs of shoes (yeah, five) for a week on the road.

Old 07-18-2006, 05:06 PM
hangnman
Tourer

Kuryakyn Full dresser bag is the finest...I've been using my buddies....have to get one of my own

Old 07-18-2006, 05:10 PM
bradteed
Advanced

I used to have the Universal and had good luck with it. When I purchased my Ultra, I gave it to my brother-in-law who still uses it. Last year I took my tourpack off and replaced it with a rack. I purchased a Kuryakyn Full Dresser (Product Info Here) in the box off of ebay for $120. I love this bag. Because it has a hard shell on the inside, it never sags. It has wheels if/when I get to the hotel at night and expands if necessary. I wouldn't trade this bag for any model of t-bag.

Just another opinion.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:33 PM
lilarlen
Cruiser

Another vote for the Kuryakyn Full Dresser. I have had mine for years and would be lost without it.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bradteed
I used to have the Universal and had good luck with it. When I purchased my Ultra, I gave it to my brother-in-law who still uses it. Last year I took my tourpack off and replaced it with a rack. I purchased a Kuryakyn Full Dresser (Product Info Here) in the box off of ebay for $120. I love this bag. Because it has a hard shell on the inside, it never sags. It has wheels if/when I get to the hotel at night and expands if necessary. I wouldn't trade this bag for any model of t-bag.
Does the rigid design really make that much of a difference versus Semi-Rigid? I am going to be using it on the passenger seat of my SG.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Alamo
Advanced

Universal T-Bag. Call them in CA and talk with the owner's wife. She's a great lady and can tell you all the differences. I have had mine for about 5 months and love it.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:24 AM
2smoooth
Road Captain

I have the Route 66 from T-Bag (with the Top Roll).. stores plenty of "stuff" and has wheels for easy portability.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:45 AM
DeathWind
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Due to T-Bags advertising policies, I say boycott T-bag and find something else.

Quick Reply: T-Bag Recommendation?