Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 06:12 PM
B-1B_Guy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project

All,

Here's my current set-up:

'09 Ultra Classic
HD 103" stage 2 w/ 255 cams
PCV w/ Autotune
SuperTrapp true duals w/ SuperTrapp slip-ons.
HD Heavy breather

This weekend I pulled the heads and am sending them off to Scott at Hillside Cycle for their stage III port job. I have a set of Wood's TW-7H cams on the way along with some S&S adjustable pushrods.

While I have this thing torn apart is there anything else I need to swap out? Let me know what you think and I'll keep you posted on my build. Tried to post pics but not sure if it worked.

Happy New Year,

B1

Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project-232323232-7ffp537-3b6-3enu-3d3345-3e27-3a-3e6-3c-3b-3ewsnrcg-3d33-3b959796-3a336nu0mrj.jpg

Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project-232323232-7ffp53663-3enu-3d3345-3e27-3a-3e6-3c-3b-3ewsnrcg-3d33-3b9593-3b89336nu0mrj.jpg

Old 01-03-2010, 06:18 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm wondering why you tore down a perfectly good build to add virtually nothing but swapping parts? If it were me, I would have spent my money on better pipes/tuner/ and a dynotune from a COMPETENT dynotuner because IMO you're still gonna need these to take advantage of ANY build. My $.02

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 01-03-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:39 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dang! This should be good

Old 01-03-2010, 06:52 PM
B-1B_Guy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kla$$ic,

Nothing to gain by upgrading heads & cams? Are you serious? I have a feeling HDFORUM SPONSOR Hillside Cycles would disagree......... This is not my first engine build....

Additionally, the SE255 is not a GREAT cam, it's a good low end cam but dies off way to quickly for me.

Lastly, thanks for editing your first reply......it was rude and uncalled for.

I welcome all feedback; however, if you are going to attempt to insult my intelligence go reply somewhere else.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:01 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll bite. I'd be interested in some more background on how you got to the 103 and SE255's. What didn't you like about them and what are your goals on this project. Just wondering???

Old 01-03-2010, 07:01 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by B-1B_Guy
Kla$$ic,

Nothing to gain by upgrading heads & cams? Are you serious? I have a feeling HDFORUM SPONSOR Hillside Cycles would disagree......... This is not my first engine build....

Additionally, the SE255 is not a GREAT cam, it's a good low end cam but dies off way to quickly for me.

I welcome all feedback; however, if you are going to attempt to insult my intelligence go reply somewhere else.
You're posting in a forum asking feedback and that's what you got. You don't like it? Dont post. What did you want me to say? Oooooo......that build will net you a ton more power? Intelligence? Ok.....

Have fun swapping parts because in your rocket science mentality you STILL have inferior pipes/tuner/ and the lack of a dynotune but at least Hillside will feel better about the deal.

I'm done with this thread and any other you start. You're just another typical know it all that can turn a wrench. big whoopie. I'm sure the internet wrenches will support you.

The GOOD thing is..........I KNOW better. Incase you didn't get the "gist" of my reply, you can put together the sweetest engine package and cripple it with the items I mentioned you should address as well.

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 01-03-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:09 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by B-1B_Guy
Kla$$ic,

CORRECT!....U.K. must be naive....Did I spell that right? There's no comparison between what you had and what you will be getting....Way to go....Stage 3 all the way!

Old 01-03-2010, 07:14 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey genius,
Can you explain to everyone what an internet wrench is?

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
You're posting in a forum asking feedback and that's what you got. You don't like it? Dont post. What did you want me to say? Oooooo......that build will net you a ton more power? Intelligence? Ok.....

Have fun swapping parts because in your rocket science mentality you STILL have inferior pipes/tuner/ and the lack of a dynotune but at least Hillside will feel better about the deal.

I'm done with this thread and any other you start. You're just another typical no it all that can turn a wrench. big whoopie. I'm sure the internet wrenches will support you.

The GOOD thing is..........I KNOW better. Incase you didn't get the "gist" of my reply, you can put together the sweetest engine package and cripple it with the items I mentioned you should address as well.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:14 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by producer
CORRECT!....U.K. must be naive....Did I spell that right? There's no comparison between what you had and what you will be getting....Way to go....Stage 3 all the way!
Why don't you explain to us "naive" peasants exactly what he is going to gain in this recipe of a motor build by just changing cams and having the heads messaged but still maintaining inferior pipes/tuner/and no mention of a dynotune to complement the build? I'm all ears.

Let me guess, you're from the school of internet wrenches too?

Hey genius,
Can you explain to everyone what an internet wrench is?
Another hdforum know it all. No shortage of these around here. Why don't you go help him change his parts, GENIUS?

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 01-03-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 321 Likes on 188 Posts

what kla$$ic said in his first post!

Quick Reply: Hillside Cycle/Woods 103" project